• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Hi I'm Mike (Denver, CO, USA)

Discussion in 'Pop in and say hello!' started by 47ford, Dec 14, 2010.

1. 47ford

47ford Guest

Hi, my name is Mike and I graduated with a BS is Engineering, concentration Mechanical (basically a BSME) in 1998.

I initially worked in cryogenics for two years for a small design and manufacturing firm. We worked mostly on scientific (CERN, various national laboratories in the US, etc) and aerospace projects (for companies like Boeing, Lockheed Martain, Raytheon, etc).

Since then I have worked at a granite fabrication company (Percoco Marble & Tile) doing their CAD/CAM drawing/programing, some PLC programing, machinery upgrades/conversion, and website (http://www.percocomarble.com). While working there I have been involved in the spin-off of a new company (Percoco Stone Finishing) that we are now trying to franchise (http://www.percocostonefinishing.com/franchise.php). For the new company I have also been involved in machinery selection, building/machinery layouts, various technical aspects of franchising and of course the website. Website design/maintenance has led to other marketing related projects within both companies including both print and online strategies.

If you are in the Denver area and are looking for natural or engineered stone products feel free to stop by or give me a call. Or if you are interested in a franchise (or know someone who is) please fill out our franchise contact form (http://www.franchisematchmaker.com/fran ... uizzes/new).

Thanks

Mike Michaelson
      Percoco Marble & Tile
      Percoco Stone Finishing

3. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Hi Mike from Denver :)

Cryogenics to Stone Products... quite a leap!

Gareth the resident founder/welcomer/bigwig looks like he's a little slow on the uptake today, so how did you find the forum? No, wait, don't tell me - take the poll!

Pete
      (Waving the corperate flag)

4. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Ahh crap, i forgot to say "Welcome" .... This is why i never do this sort thing!!

(and yes Gareth, I am aware that I'm only 5 posts away from my next star! ;) )

5. 47ford

47ford Guest

Pete,

Already did (take the poll). Got a follow on Twitter by Gareth. And thanks for the "welcome" too :)

6. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

I was going to say something similar myself, but hey - that's what's so cool about being a mechanical designer you can work in pretty much any field which requires "stuff" to be designed :)
      Sorry - have too busy having Christmas dos today!
      Wow you're teetering on the brink Pete with 199 stars. What will be your 200th post? I hope you've got the champagne ready! ;)

And finally.... Hi Mike - welcome to the forum :)

7. 47ford

47ford Guest

Thank you Gareth :)