• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Hi!

Discussion in 'Pop in and say hello!' started by Swift Arrow, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Swift Arrow

Swift Arrow New Member

Hi! I'm a Renewable Energy Engineering Consultant, fresh from college and just entering the workforce.

I grew up in both USA and in India, and finished my MSc in Europe. Now I'm working for a company in EU designing their RE product for manufacture.

I have a B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from India, an MSc in Mechanical Engineering from Sweden, and an MSc in Energy Engineering and Management from Portugal. I have focused on Renewable Energy in general, and have studied all types of energy conversion and energy economics.

I'm really glad to see this forum, as with that long string of qualifications, I still need the most important one: practical experience, and I hope that the friendly and helpful people on this forum will share their expertise with me.

Thank you!

3. Matt Coughlin

Matt Coughlin Active Member

Hi, just read your intro although I see it was from last month. What type of RE products are you working on? Do you think there is a lot of work out there for engineers in the renewable energy industries? I'm from California (currently Argentina) and I know that GE has a big wind turbine plant out there, but aside from that I haven't seen a lot of opportunities, at least not compared to the quantity of jobs in aero/defense/auto/oil & gas industries. What do you think?