• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Holy Grail of Mechanical Design?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Paul T, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Hi JDavid, glad you could join us.

No need to be worried for me. I'm not pulling the rope on my own. A small team of dedicated alternative energy researchers and replicators are working together. Are we all crazy? or is there something worth investigating?

My research leads me to believe the Mayan's were using ionic power channelled through the pyramids. Far more sophisticated than anything we have today. This is why the pyramids were build on large aquifers and the reason Nikola Tesla abandoned A/C research and development and moved onto Maxwell's theorised longitudinal electricity after he visited the pyramids of Giza. Maxwell's quarternations were simplified into a vector equation and this was a large contributing factor that held back our human advancement over 115 years ago.

Of course, the money men of the day who owned General Electric and the steel / copper industries didn't want Tesla sending electricity all over the giant spherical capacitor we call planet "earth".

27gjst70geE

Where does all energy come from, doesn't all energy come from matter?

The reason I believe it will not work made from balsa wood is because there is not sufficient weight to harness the "forces".

The one way bearings have there own friction which must be overcome. Then of course the main bearing friction has to be overcome too. It takes a certain weight, frequency, diameter, length arm to achieve this.

Is a force constant or is it variable?

This may be a simple question like a lot of them I ask, but for anyone following that is new to mechanical engineering, the answers and your experiences provide valuable learning.

I believe that we cannot evolve as a human race until we accept the fact don't know everything.

You cannot show me it cannot work. To me it is a fact. To probably most of you at this stage it is fantasy and you think I am deluded.

Talk is cheap and videos might be meaningless to most skeptics. You need to experience this stuff in the flesh and see it with your own eyes.

This is why is it is going to take a heavy build to prove the theory to you all in a video.

When it is convincing enough to make you want to get more involved I will still be here pulling the rope too, but watching in amazement as a proper global open source project comes together knowing that helped push the snowball to the top of the hill.

The isn't the only technology that I'm involved with, but it is certainly the simplest.

Best regards,

Paul :D

3. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Better Bosnian pyramid video: pbfRopzXYNA

Of course there is a good reason why this has not been all over the news for the last 7 years.

4. JDavid

JDavid Well-Known Member

Yes all of these are getting their energy from other sources. It is completely different than a PMM. Saying that the pyramids were used to make energy out of hydrogen is completely different than harnessing endless energy from gravity, otherwise the machine you seek is called a nuclear power plant or even coal.

I completely agree the a lot of technology is being oppressed and of course we don't know everything. One thing we do know, Ein > Eout always, unless you are a physicist it is Ein >= Eout.

As to making a scaled down model. No matter what you can always scale a principle up and down, if you think that size matters then you are already approaching the problem wrong. Thing about your wheel the biggest thing you have to over come is the weight from the weights on the opposite side of the wheel (the side where the weights are being lifted) As long as you scale all sides evenly the weight being lifted and the weight doing the lifting will be proportional and you just have to multiply the model by X where X is your scale.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    5. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Hi JDavid, yes a pyramid is completely different, but you mentioned the Mayans so I thought it would be interesting to share.

Nuclear power plants produce harmful long lasting radiation.

There are other ways to extract atomic energy without producing gamma rays. That of course is another story altogether.

I will focus on the mechanical torque amplifier for now.

I started with the smallest off the shelf one way bearings. The results were interesting enough to pursue using 50x the previous weight.

I still haven't finished the prototype yet.

Of course things can be scaled up and down, however. I am trying to use off the shelf parts as much as I can.

Engineering a micro one way bearing is going to help me pull the skin off a rice pudding.

I want a demo that does something useful.

It has to have the WOW factor, or it really will not draw the crowd.

I'm sinking here at the moment with the negativity, so maybe I shall crawl back under my rock for a while again.

What did you think of the experiment I posted with the spinning weight?

Best regards,

6. Erich

Erich Well-Known Member

I think the demonstration of the spinning weight was a good example of conservation of angular momentum. Gyroscopes are pretty cool devices that don't violate any laws of nature or thermodynamics. They also don't run forever or produce energy.

7. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Of course. Centrifugal and centripetal "forces" are the inertial effect of any mass moving along a curved path. They only exist within the rotating frame of reference.

You don't want to try my experiment, huh?

A college level class in basic physics would probably be cheaper than building a useless machine.

8. JDavid

JDavid Well-Known Member

Yeah,

I have to agree with Dana, I just didn't want to put it so harshly. Throw up some calculations of where the energy is coming from, not an idea. Saying it works because of friction-less or one direction bearings is not saying how it works that is just a part (you don't say cars work because of gas petals). Is it capturing potential energy or some other type?

Now I'm a little confused at what you are saying the machine does. Are you saying the torque is greater than the motors torque? Cause you can accomplish that with some gears. Mechanical Torque Amplifier sounds like a fancy name for no reason, is it just building up momentum that can then be released when it is hooked to something, that's what the name implies but that wouldn't need swinging weights and one way bearings, just a wheel with weights. Though if you are saying that with a given torque that this machine will increase the torque because of spinning weights then show your calculations. (And then we can point out what is missing)

9. jawnn

jawnn Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    10. Erich

Erich Well-Known Member

They don't work. The moving weight wheel is poorly balanced so it turns for a short while. That is why the guy keeps stopping it and rewinding it to the location where the imbalance will sustain motion. The others have low friction and they are running on the momentum of the initial push. If these really worked you could let it turn for a long time without touching it. If they produced power in excess off the friction in the mechanism, they would not just turn at a constant speed, they would accelerate to faster and faster speeds. Gravity is a conservative force, the energy change between any two points in a gravity field does not depend on the path taken, just on the beginning and ending location. On a wheel each weight goes through a revolution and ends up exactly where it started. The energy available in that system is zero. Add in friction and the design stops dead.

11. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Hi folks, I have set a financial limit to what I will spend to prove the technology works.

I consider Nikola Tesla to be the greatest mechanical engineer in the last 200 years.

Here is one of his famous quotes.

"Throughout space there is energy. Is this energy static or kinetic! If static our hopes are in vain; if kinetic — and this we know it is, for certain — then it is a mere question of time when men will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of nature."

I wish I had more time to study his work.

Best regards,