• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Holy Grail of Mechanical Design?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Paul T, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

3. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Here are the biggest alleged PMMs that I have found in existence.

I'm not saying any of these work, but they certainly are expensive!

rsBplmMDcRQ

980UZtrzuC8

ae8lqef1Q3g

4. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Hi Dana, I can see what you are saying about fixed wheel and same RPMs. I'm sure you are right. However, I cannot see how doing this would provide any useable torque because the arms are not active.

What is the oldest physics book that states "Centrifugal and centripetal "forces" are the inertial effect of any mass moving along a curved path. They only exist within the rotating frame of reference." ?

Only time and money will tell if you are correct about "A college level class in basic physics would probably be cheaper than building a useless machine."

I consider Tesla's knowledge via experimentation superior to any modern day physics text book.

Maybe you can point out where my thinking is incorrect.

Cheers,

Paul :D

5. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

I think the inventor sums it up best in this text:

http://web.archive.org/web/20110302221720/http://gravitationalengine.com/

I am saying that a device of a lower frequency will lower the current consumption of a motor, therefore increasing its efficiency.

Using a higher frequency will improve this efficiency further.

How far this can be stretched has yet to be seen.

The device has not been optimized, this is why I am here.

Maniacal Engineer has come up with a brilliant design that really should be tested at some point.

All I know is we don't really understand how the universe works and how the planets and moons are connected together, so how can we say that we know everything.

I will eat humble pie if it doesn't work.

Something tells me that it is not me that will eat it though.

Best regards,

6. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Here are some other interesting videos of relevance.

KP7IBUWdeZg

The man puts in the same amount of energy each time.

vm0aqBSGjQM

It appears timing and resonance is a key factor in these devices.

Resonance is how most of Tesla's inventions work including his mechanical oscillator.

Enough to chew on for a while folks.

Cheers,

7. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

8. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Actually I think it is 50nm..... if I am interpreting it correctly.

9. Erich

Erich Well-Known Member

My comments are included in the quote above in bold

10. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is what maniacal_engineer wrote:

Hi Paul

This is just the outside part of the wheel. All these parts are things that could easily be made at any local machine shop. In this design the weight and the bellcrank arm angle are set by setscrews, I modeled a tap drill for # ^, you may want to make it bigger. Same with anything else - I have shown it schematically, feel free to enlarge or shrink
      anything. The bearings and clutches are from Mcmaster ( http://www.mcmaster.com/#bearings/=ntnr6p ) - they have everything (almost)

I have not done anything with the hub or the cam. you can make those whatever you want. I suspect you could spend a lot of time messing with the cam location and profile.

This is the best basic design for a gravity wheel that I can come up with. that said I am sure it will not work. But regardless, you can have all rights to this - it is a gift. If it does work, tell the story of how I gave this away and make it a cautionary tale of believing too deeply in the conventional wisdom. If it does not work, remember that not all engineers are hostile to new/ unconventional ideas.

Good luck, contact me if you have any questions about how the cam is supposed to work.

I can also send it as a step or an IGES if you are using another version of SolidWorks

So all I ask is please have an open mind. I'm not asking for your money. I'm having fun spending my own.

Think about resonance.

Everything has a resonant frequency.

The Schumann cavity surrounding our planet is currently 7.8hz

Look at Marco's Dancing Magnets at 7.8hz

mUJza3l8rmU

Shatter a wine glass using voice resonance.

sH7XSX10QkM

As JDavid and some of you others know, technology is being suppressed all the time to protect corporate interests. Big oil, pharma etc.

So if gravity, centrifugal, centripetal and inertia are forces.

Where does the speed of the planet spinning come into the physics calculations, or it it common practice to overlook this? If so, for what reason?

Hey we get stopped for speeding yet the planet we are driving on is going so much faster.

Lets say gravity is the downward force.

Wind is another force.

What about the force created by the planet spinning? Has this been forgotten, or does it not exist?

When I look down the plug hole after a bath, something tells me there is a vortex.

Here are two experiments proving there is a vortex:

TlDGU05-nvk

DxeKL28lR28

Hope you enjoy all these videos I keep posting.

All the best,

11. JDavid

JDavid Well-Known Member

Paul,

Resonant Frequency has little to do with what we are talking about, let's stay on topic.

It is true that large corporations are buying patents to protect their interests, like gas companies buying electric car patents. Again this is a different topic.

Gravity, Centrifugal, Centripetal, Magnetic, and etc. yes are forces, but not all forces are created equal. Look up conservative and nonconservative forces.

Vortex... again getting off topic, but yes you could harness the force from this vortex, until the vortex stopped since you would be applying a force counter to its rotation until the water was no longer turbulent and became laminar as it flowed down your drain. Same idea with wind farms placing wind turbines to close to each other.

Again put up the equations or the science behind what you are trying to prove, I can show you plenty of youtube videos of mag... scientists picking your card out of a completely shuffled deck. Doesn't mean that they are doing something beyond the laws of physics.

This is not a conspiracy of the man trying to stick it to us. If so it would be the best kept conspiracy in the world for the last 4000 years. Why haven't the people that have made these PPM on youtube sold their idea and made their trillions of dollars? You will find that there is normally a hidden string attached (that's a metaphor, although some of them might actually be run by hidden strings)

J. David

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013