• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Holy Grail of Mechanical Design?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Paul T, Oct 21, 2012.

1. miltonbr

miltonbr Well-Known Member

It's amazing how the way of thinking of inventors of "gravity motors" is identical in all countries. The more you try to show that they are wrong, more "evidences" they create to show that they are right. It is a discussion that has no end.
      In Brazil, we have our "inventors" too. And here is a example. A really big one:
      http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:RAR_Energia_Ltda_Gravity_Motor

Dear Paul: is incorrect to state that your machine will never work. The correct statement is: based on the laws of physics, your machine would not have worked in the last 13 billion years and will not work on the next, at least, 13 billion years. As you see, there is always a hope.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

I'll counter with a quote of my own: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

Youtube videos don't meet the standard of "extraordinary proof."

4. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Why do we keep torturing ourselves reading this? It's like watching Steampunks trying to split the atom with a hammer and chisel!

I do not suggest that gravity motors as a concept are impossible but it's not going to be done with "I" beams and bearings.

Make a machine that performs and which will stand up to scrutiny by accepted scientific principles and publish the results, otherwise, it's just somewhere between science fiction and religious belief. It's been tried for more than 2000 years now and it's not even entertaining to see the same old ideas resurrected time after time.

5. miltonbr

Isolated gravity motors, as a concept, are impossible.

6. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I really don't know enough about quantum mechanics to voice an opinion on gravity motors, after all, the CERN experiments are partly focused on finding what gravity is.

To the best of my knowledge, all proposed mechanical solutions totally fail to disprove Newtons laws of Thermodynamics and consequently will not work! If you think you have discovered a perpetual motion machine then publish the paper disproving Newton and have it critically examined.

However, it could be said that the flow of electrical current in a supercooled conductor is in perpetual motion. Here it depends on your outlook and definition.

Nevertheless, the objective is to achieve better than unity, at which point I become pretty sick of seeing contraptions bolted together like a DaVinci sketch. Give it a break guys!!

• Like Like x 1
    7. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

It's not that perpetual motion is impossible... your example of current flow in a superconductor is one example, a magnetically suspended (no friction) flywheel in a perfect vacuum is another... but none of these violate the laws of thermodynamics since energy is only stored, not produced.

I guess it's like playing the lottery (which I don't do). There's the faint hope that you'll succeed against huge odds, in this case getting the True Believer to finally understand the laws of physics.

8. miltonbr

Just a correction: there are no Newtons laws of Thermodynamics:
      "The first established thermodynamic principle, which eventually became the second law of thermodynamics, was formulated by Sadi Carnot during 1824. By 1860, as formalized in the works of those such as Rudolf Clausius and Willian Thomson, two established principles of thermodynamics had evolved, the first principle and the second principle, later restated as thermodynamic laws".

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
    9. dpride

dpride Member

Walter Bishop could solve this.

10. miltonbr

lol! Maybe with a few pounds of unobtanium from Pandora ..... no. It is an isolated system. It also would not work.

11. miltonbr

Good news and bad news: Gravity took 7 Oscars. Nevertheless, gravity motors are being shown only on youtube.