• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Holy Grail of Mechanical Design?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Paul T, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

I personally have spoken to the son on Dr. Thomas Henry Moray.

His Father was refused a patent because his device had no prime mover.

It is possible to transform electrostatic electricity to heat, light and mechanical energy as it is electromagnetic to sound, if you know how.

The universe is filled with positive and negative ions just waiting to be transformed in useful power.

The atmosphere is a poor insulator as it leaks all the time.

Lightning apparently strikes every second somewhere in the world.

We are surrounded by energy waiting to be tapped.

All you need to do is create a draft.

Best regards,

Paul :D

3. Erich

Erich Well-Known Member

Paul,

You are experiencing the effects of Inertia and a device with low friction. A small input of energy causes motion that continues for some time.

If your device was capable of doing more than that, a small spin would start the device moving and it would then accelerate up to some higher (with low friction and no external load much higher) speed.

Larger masses and lower friction means the machine will rotate more times before stopping. But stop it always will.

We can't help you because what you seek to do violates the way the world works.

4. JDavid

JDavid Well-Known Member

There is no way you read through both of the articles and posted in 15 minutes. Do some of the research. You are too close to the inventor emotionally to see that it is wrong. The pictures are interesting... and what? Pictures of magic shows are interesting too. Why haven't the machines been verified or why hasn't he started selling or giving away energy. It looks like someone has tricked someone with deep pockets.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    5. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

J David, I have no personal relationship with the inventor. He lives in Moscow and our communication is very infrequent.

As I said the RAR machine is either it is a very elaborate hoax, or there is something worth investigating.

Personally, I sadly think it may be a hoax which is why I never read the articles you posted.

Based on the Russian machine I am working on it should produce far more power than the Brazilian one in a much, much smaller space.

Erich, I'm used to being the black sheep and people taking the mick out of my ideas.

All I wanted to know is if anyone could help me with the design of the gears.

I realise there are some of you guys that have been playing with gears when I was just a twinkle in my Dad's eye!

Best regards,

Paul :D

6. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

It will stop with a frequency of two. Will it stop with a higher frequency? I don't know the answer without trying. The inventors didn't, but I cannot afford to replicate that design.

What I am going to be doing next is giving it a push with a motor, recycling most of the energy and using some of it.

7. miltonbr

miltonbr Well-Known Member

I found this funny msg:

"Letter to RAR ENERGIA (danger alert!)

I examined very carefully the magnificent work you done and I noticed a serious error.
      Any engine without a power supply tends to move ever faster and needs to be controlled under penalty of serious accidents. I found no braking system to stop the engine and attach an electric generator or other equipment to use the energy created by it. The tendency of this engine is to increase their rotation up to the fatigue of its parts and then crash with unimaginable proportions, once the project is ambitious.
      Of course the brake, which I refer to, becomes totally unnecessary if the engine does not get out of immobility, which, according to the laws of physics actually going to happen.
      Att
      Walter Laier
      Retired Physics Professor"

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    8. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

I think it is a very elaborate scam.

This one looks that way too:

TzsqU8YG_iY

and this one:

wXkpRhCW52w

It really annoys me that people go to such great lengths to trick people.

I am trying to prove that the inventor of the device I am building is not trying to scam people.

Alas, you already think I've been scammed! lol

9. Erich

Erich Well-Known Member

I don' t believe you have been scammed. I believe you are on a fool's errand.

Others have said it before but you don't buy it. I'll repeat it one more time.

If your idea has any merit whatsoever, it will work with a less than perfect implementation. You don't need huge masses and near frictionless pivots.

Stirling engines can be made from pingpong balls and paper cups. They will turn on the heat from a cup of coffee. Commercially viable? No. Provide useful output NO. Prove that the principle is sound? Absolutely!

10. miltonbr

miltonbr Well-Known Member

But ........... unfortunately there is no but. Erich summed it all.

11. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Stirling Engines are interesting.

MYT Engines are far more interesting! wPc06A8FwN8

http://www.angellabsllc.com/aboutus.html

If the idea has merit, it will need mass to enable the inertia to overcome frictional losses.

Once the frictional losses of the main bearings and gears have been overcome, there is energy left to recycle and energy to use.

You can believe what you want.

I have my own prototype and five senses instead of theory. The reality doesn't lie to me, the outdated theory does. It's getting a bit boring, me saying it will work and you saying it won't.

I'll put my money where my mouth is.

How about if it works you reimburse me for the cost of the prototype?

If it doesn't I'll bear the cost? lol

I don't need frictionless pivots! lol

Adding more pendulums, larger diameter wheels provides more power.

I'm about to buy a gearbox and an alternator.

We will see who is right and who is wrong, in the real world.

Hey just think, if your right I can stop foolishly wasting my money!