• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Holy Grail of Mechanical Design?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Paul T, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Perkster029

Perkster029 Member

So, you don't know where the energy is coming from either? :p

Seriously, to help make this thing work, we must understand it.

Valid (but improbable) answers may include: absorbing energy from the sun, dark matter, potential energy (stored gravity), or "new process that gets us energy, here's what I think is happening."

3. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

I do care where the energy is coming from. It is not created, just transformed.

From what to what exactly I don't know, that's one of the reasons I'm here. To bat it around.

1000's of brains become a super computer.

I tell you what I'm willing to do. If enough people were interested, I would be willing to meet up in Devon and you can have a mess with the device yourself.

The inventor made a good move efficiency wise using a motor / generator to do two jobs.

I soon realised that this wasn't good for comparing the input output figures.

What he has built is amazing but the wiring / camera work let down in the videos to make it skeptic proof.

Also the HZ output being out of sync with the input stopped a self loop.

I will continue the prototype until I have validated the inventors claims.

I will be putting my own design out there using his principle.

I'm mechanically tuning the device with two weights, before increasing them.

If two weights will overcome the frictional losses for 3 turns, then increasing the frequency will provide energy for recycling and using.

I will study that link and get back to you.

4. miltonbr

miltonbr Well-Known Member

That's the trick. Discover on those youtube machines, where battery or motor and power outlet are hidden. From that came the rest of the energy, of course.

5. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

That is why I am openly inviting a group of mechanically minded people to experience it first hand and will continue to do so until the inventors work is validated.

I'm even considering travelling to the right location wherever that may be just to get some feedback from fellow human beings good or bad.

You really need to touch and see this to understand it.

6. miltonbr

miltonbr Well-Known Member

Mechanically minded people do not necessarily need to see or touch something. A drawing or an explanation is sufficient. Sometimes three words (isolated gravity motor) are enough to get a conclusion: it will not work.

7. Perkster029

Perkster029 Member

This.

Draw me a free body diagram of your machine, and I'll show you that point when "perfectly overbalanced" the forces are in equilibrium.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    8. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

It's a really strange predicament that I find myself in.

I can feel torque in my hands, the input and the output as I have added a stainless 316 1000mm main axle.

You guys are working from theory that has been proved time and time again that perpetual motion machines are impossible.

Well so was flight once. A mobile phone.

All sorts of things have been considered impossible.

You have never built one of these or experimented with them so I appreciate your opinion and respect that it is similar to anyone that cannot open their mind to the impossible becoming possible.

But, the torque is there. In time I will show you it being measured using top equipment and external companies.

I have no affiliates whatsoever.

The time for truth is nigh.

9. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

It's never perfectly overbalanced, how can you? The torque is there, you can feel it in your hands.

I'm not lying or trying to pull the wool over your eyes. There is far too much at stake here for humanity.

10. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

It's asymmetrical, a bit like our hearts are.

When the components work in harmony with the forces the machine almost comes alive as energy is recycled a bit like a microphone and speaker make feedback.

A loop.

11. Perkster029

Perkster029 Member

First:

lol.

Second:

That is not AT ALL analogous to what you are trying to do. Feedback has nothing at all to do with "recycled energy." It is the result of a control system that has not been designed to filter it out.

Third:

Fine. Forget the "perfectly overbalanced" part (which I took from your post, #143). Please draw me the free body diagram, so we can investigate your machine. That is the BARE minimum required to do any sort of analysis, design, thought, etc. on ANY moving assembly.