• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Holy Grail of Mechanical Design?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Paul T, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

But the crazies always include a picture of themseves! The real crazies post a picture of them and their family.

3. maniacal_engineer

maniacal_engineer Well-Known Member

There are different types of overunity folks

(1) some are cynical predators, who try to get people to invest in fraudulent schemes that the proponent KNOWS are false.

(2) Some are crazy, with a lot of weird rhetoric about ancient alien technologies or black helicopters

(3) Some are sincere (usually scientifically naive) folks who really want to try to do good and help the world.

Type 3 are harmless enough although they can destroy their own lives if they aren't careful. That is why I sent PaulT a design that was very flexible - it can be programmed (by cutting a new plywood cam) to emulate essentially ANY overbalance/ gravity wheel/ centrifugal power amplifier. My hope was that PaulT would come up with the 'best' approach to such a machine's overbalance-reset profile, cut it into a cam, and test it. Then if the test fails, knowing that an actual principle can work on a less than perfect machine, he would give up the quest and live a happy productive life.

What I greatly fear is that PaulT will go from type 3 to type 2 and become a crazy conspiracy theorist. I am helping so that I am not seen as part of the conspiracy; I want PaulT to know that his machine was designed and built as well as it needed to be and that the flaw is in the principle and theory - and not a flaw in the implementation. That is the way that you can say "only second order effects are left and it still doesn't work - it is not a practical machine, I will return to my family".

That is the path back to sanity.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    4. JDavid

JDavid Well-Known Member

Paul T

Is this an accurate representation of the machine?

[​IMG]

The dimensions are different for ease of calculations? This is the start of a free body diagram, just want to make sure that you accept that as what the machine does. Of course i'm only using 8 weights and different measurements but that shouldn't matter.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    5. miltonbr

miltonbr Well-Known Member

Dilbert: I'm obsessed with inventing a perpetual motion machine. Most scientists think it's impossible, but I have something they don't.
      Dogbert: A lot of spare time?
      Dilbert: Exactly.
      (Scott Adams)

6. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

JDavid, looks proactive to me.

Reminds me of some of the inventors drawings.

_WfRqVz4SRU

miltonbr you're just a joker!

I'm getting pulled in the off the shelf gearbox direction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHIMPO-Serv...963?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35d1b0225b

Question, if you have a shaft being rotated by a motor then you lever the shaft in the direction it is already moving.

Will this either:

a) reduce the current consumption of the motor

b) increase the current consumption of the motor

Why?

I already know the answer, I'm just testing you guys with the blinkers on!

7. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

(2) Some are crazy, with a lot of weird rhetoric about ancient alien technologies or black helicopters

(3) Some are sincere (usually scientifically naive) folks who really want to try to do good and help the world.

I'm holding back.

If I posted a lot of my more recent research your guard would go up even more.

I haven't got my own brain around it all yet. Crazy stuff!

8. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

I must be crazy then, I've been doing that.

9. JDavid

JDavid Well-Known Member

Yeah i just made this one above and it's totally false, but I bet I could talk people into at least a 10k grant to get a production model of it. You want in, I'll give you a discount of only 2k and I'll build it for you.

Edit: BTW it has the same problem of the original ones you posted back on page 1.

10. Erich

Erich Well-Known Member

The answer is an outside force levering on the shaft in the direction of motion will decrease the current.

It is the same as a motor raising an elevator and then lowering the elevator. Takes more current to raise than to lower.

11. miltonbr

miltonbr Well-Known Member

Now you made ​​me sore ..... but I can be proactive too:

"An international team of researchers from Barcelona, Zurich and Vienna found that a nanoparticle trapped with laser light temporarily violates the famous second law of thermodynamics".
      http://medienportal.univie.ac.at/pr...ht/artikel/never-say-never-in-the-nano-world/

This means that if you build your machine very, very, very small, it will have a chance to work. Good news!!