• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Holy Grail of Mechanical Design?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Paul T, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Here is Kanarev's "Introduction to Mechanodynamics"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzugqcsvhobkcex/INTRODUCTION TO MECHANODYNAMICS.doc

Here a website with almost every book / article / paper Kanarev has written.

http://www.guns.connect.fi/innoplaza/energy/story/Kanarev/index.html

Here is Linevich's translated paper entitled:

"The mechanism which breaks the third law of Newton∗"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2qkl718siai6c4/Linevich.pdf

Some of you will hopefully understand the maths proposed. It goes over my head at the moment, but probably basic stuff for the veterans following.

3. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Well, this was my original idea for proof of concept. I got swept up in the idea of reducing my own main electricity consumption in the process. This is still my goal.

However, proving it this way seems totally sceptic proof! This is what I want.

I haven't got the money to go the Kanarev route, nor do I know how to implement the electronic clutches.

So box section steel frame to accommodate my new bigger flywheels coming up next!

4. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Pages 29 & 30 of:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6pass1sw1wei5g/F5A.pdf

The invention relates to inertial systems for the accumulation and conversion of energy, and can be used as a power unit to drive various machines and vehicles. According to the disclosed method, a source of mechanical oscillations is used to generate an alternating rotational torque which is applied to the working train made capable of unidirectional rotational motion. An inertial vibrator disposed axially on the working train is used as the oscillation source. The power unit putting the method into practice comprises an electrical generator, a control device and a power drive, including a base on which a first assembly is disposed, with the capability of unidirectional rotation and including a driving train for the transmission of operating torque and a motor with the capability of free rotation of at least one member with unbalanced mass on a shaft disposed on the first assembly axially relative to the rotation of the driving train, in so doing the kinematic linkage between it and the final driven train contains a second assembly having the capability to transmit the operating torque. The invention makes it possible to eliminate the negative feedback effect of the mechanical load on the motor.

[​IMG]

5. miltonbr

miltonbr Well-Known Member

"The mechanism which breaks the third law of Newton" ..... right ..... and I am the joker????
      Did you notice that searching for mr. Kanarev on google we get no, absolutely no serious science page?
      Professor of theoretical mechanics in the Kuban State Agrarian University .... come on Paul! You can do better than that.

6. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

No he can't...

7. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

"Newton's third law does not hold for an unbalanced body with rotational oscillation"

Here are two separate texts that you may find interesting:

This one from Linevich:

"By now inventors have created many various devices and the technologies that belong to alternative power supply (it is recommended to look through magazine issues "NOVAYA ENERGETICA" /new power/: www.faraday.ru.) for acquaintance with them.

The inertial mover-engine (inertor) belongs to the specified area of engineering, which, by a set of opportunities, in our opinion, surpasses all devices of the similar destination that had been thought up before. Realization of the fact that inertor can be used simultaneously not only as a power drive of various devices, but also as an energy source of unlimited capacity was somewhat unexpected for us. Before explaining the operation principle, we shall specify the essence of the concept "force" in Newton's laws.

In due time, one of the recognized twentieth century physicists Feynman has told: ... The True Newton's laws content is as follows: it is supposed, that force has independent properties in addition to law (the second Newton's law), but characteristic independent properties of forces has been completely described neither by Newton, nor by anyone else. (Feynman's lectures on physics, issue 1, page 209-210, "World": 1965). For example, we do not ponder at all upon physical nature of the phenomenon when we speak: If to work on it by force, the body is accelerated in direct ratio to this force and in inverse proportion to its mass.

Actually the reason of force occurrence is acceleration of a body, and consequence is counteraction of its mass to change of its speed as force of the inertia enclosed to other body to one what informs this acceleration. Simultaneously with force of inertia the working force numerically equal to it and described by the second Newton's law arises. In other words, if there were no counteraction of body of weight in nature, as the reaction to its acceleration, influencing force would be absent. Thus, force of inertia (as the phenomenon) has independent characteristic property of a body weight and space, it being always external force for any mechanical interaction.

The law of impulse preservation of material bodies system is a consequence of the second and third Newton's laws being generalization of the experimental facts. Bodies interact in pairs, thus forces of interaction (forces of inertia inclusive) are equal in pairs, directed oppositely and consequently can not shift general centre of the system mass. At cyclic interaction of bodies (linear - oscillatory or rotary) all working forces change the direction in pairs cyclically too, and consequently they still cannot change position of system mass centre. Therefore, it is possible to tell, that any author claiming of the invention of supportless mover, in which traction is created by centrifugal force, is mistaken. If supportless effect in his device even exists, it does not due to centrifugal force. It is principally impossible to create the unidirectional tractive force with the help of it. Nevertheless, body momentum can be used for moving in supportless space."

This one is from Kanarev's review of the Chalkalis (Fotio) Device:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bf6cdt9nim36t7v/Ph. Kanarev - Chalkalis Review.pdf

Here is an extract, the document provides the maths, which unfortunately at the moment is over my head.

[​IMG]

So it appears to me that my theory on the planets movement being the open part of the system was pretty close.

Even better if these devices can be calculated by folks good with maths.

Even better if the maths can be incorporated into simulation programs.

I look forward to seeing that.

8. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

I was asked earlier to provide some maths for what I am disclosing. I have searched for some and returned with my findings.

I'm just providing my research materials. You can make of them what you like.

If you don't like what I post you don't have to read it or comment.

It is interesting hearing your opinions, but just like belly buttons. We all have one.

I am going down a road only limited by the results of real practical experiments.

These practical experiments will provide the truth to all my senses.

I cannot do this with maths, but I wish we could.

9. miltonbr

Feynman never questioned Newton's laws. Except for the quantum and relativistic world, of course.
      Using a sentence out of context from someone with a good reputation is one of the tricks of the conspiracy theories. If you want to understand the correct meaning of the phrase Feynman said, read chapter 12 (what is a force?) at this link:
      http://zeth.ciencias.uchile.cl/~ros... - Lectures on physics volumen 1 (ingles).pdf
      The phrase in question is in the last paragraph - page 118
      For the rest of the Linevich's text, Feynman would say: nonsense.

10. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

It's good that your questioning what I posted.

I do not know how to class the technologies that are harnessing energy from the earths movement within the universe.

Is that quantum or relativistic?

The maths is there for the Chalkalis device in the file https://www.dropbox.com/s/bf6cdt9nim36t7v/Ph. Kanarev - Chalkalis Review.pdf

Maybe one of you advanced maths guys could take a look at it and dig out what it seems we haven't been taught at college / university.

I have scanned through it and I believe it explains it in maths.

I know it will mean more to someone else.

I asked earlier on in the thread if the earths movement came into the equations when working out mechanical designs.

I believe no one stepped up to answer that question.

11. miltonbr

"Is that quantum or relativistic?"
      Neither. The "math" of Kanarev tries to explain some recorded video mechanism. It is like mathematically explain the working of a warp motor after watching an episode of star trek. And star trek has a decent theoretical basis. I do not remember seeing a single perpetual motion machine in the movies.
      The earth's rotation is important if you want to build a rocket launch base:
      http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/spacecraft/q0080.shtml
      The translation of the Earth could be used to generate energy if you were in space at a fixed point with a very very large lever. But there is no fixed point in space. You can not get energy from Earth's translation being here on Earth.