• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Holy Grail of Mechanical Design?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Paul T, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Well I will prove you right or wrong with experiments and film them.

I believe if one can create the right conditions then this energy pours in and assists.

I see it in nature like a draft from window through door.

Or like the energy is the water in a bath and pulling the plug out creates the condition where the energy moves from one place to another.

I believe the real world condition is related to this statement:

Newton's third law does not hold for an unbalanced body with rotational oscillation

3. miltonbr

miltonbr Well-Known Member

Well .... ok then. I will wait anxiously for any news. Meanwhile, I'll try to calm Newton that keeps turning in his grave.

4. JDavid

JDavid Well-Known Member

How do Newton's laws exclude these calculations? The planets are not PPM neither is the Sun. Just because they have been spinning and orbiting for a long time doesn't mean that they will continue to do so indefinitely. It's the same with a bouncy ball in a vacuum, it will continue to bounce, (assuming we don't lose any energy to sound and the deformation of impact) at the same height indefinitely. If there were no other stars or galaxies then we might be able to reach this level of indefinitely, the problem is all the stars are pulling on our Sun thus pulling on the Earth some are pulling away energy some are pushing in energy.

BTW, if you don't understand the math you are basically saying this looks interesting and a smart guy said it.

5. Tunalover

Tunalover Member

"We appear to have discovered a simple technology that does not violate any Newtonian laws of physics." is what you wrote. Is that what you meant?

6. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Hi, it's a little too late for me to go back and edit the opening post of the thread.

That was a few years ago. I was merely a rookie back then the energy world.

I think I've come a little further since then.

Since then we have been arguing over whether perpetual motion is possible.

In the mean time, a local UK inventor has built 67 prototypes and arrived with 4 end products ranging from 1 - 10MW.

He started off experimenting with what he calls "1g" devices.

Constantly going for higher RPM, smaller devices and higher power.

[​IMG]

This is one of the prototypes Bobby shared a picture of that will make sense by looking at it.

He wrote this to me: "I don't want to know about one G gravity machines or any magnet motor, I'm happy with what I've got"

Sterling Allen wrote:

Bobby Amarasingam of AOGFG has been working on new variations of his inertial generator concept. It is a secondary oscillation device on steroids. Rather than a high-weight, low-speed machine, Bobby is designing high-speed, low-weight versions of that concept.

"Bobby expects that this Bristol prototype will produce about 4 kilowatts with the outer (Ferris) wheel spinning at 60 rpm, while the inner wheels spin at 240 rpm. Doubling the speed is calculated to quadruple the power output. The calculations take the size, speed, weight, and out of balance torque into consideration, and are done by professional scientists."

"Bobby has a spreadsheet that has all the equations and parameter options integrated into it. You can watch the input/output numbers change as you modify variables such as the weight, the diameter of rotation, the rotation speed, etc.

For example, if you plug in: 2 kg with a pendulum radius of 6 cm spinning at 3000 rpm (there are four of these), with the main wheel radius of 0.4 m; the calculated power output comes to nearly 800 kW. That kind of power density is unmatched anywhere on the planet, as far as I know.

Generally speaking, according to this spreadsheet, in pretty much any combination, the inertial generator is smaller than the electrical generator that it turns to generate electricity. And there is no fuel requirement whatsoever. The energy comes from principles of inertia that modern science has not yet grasped.

For those of you, like me, who grapple with wondering how that could work, here is a little anecdote that might help you realize that there is something going on here that scientists will be having fun with probably for at least a century. Bobby said that when they were first running the inertial generator in the shop, before having the timing right, the other machines in the shops were vibrating -- not from the machine itself vibrating and inducing vibrations through the floor to the other equipment. The force seemed to be permeating from the device. But this issue was resolved after about a week.

The roll-out strategy for the technology will give them some time and lee-way to work through questions like this, by locating the devices away from human occupants.

"Roll-Out Plans

Rather than sell the devices, AOGFG Company Ltd. plans to sell the power generated by the devices. And rather than deal with small outputs at first, they plan to start in the 1-10 Megawatt range. (They're looking for suppliers of 1-10 MW electrical generators, by the way.)

A device situated in a 10-foot shipping container, for example, could be located near a substation to provide power near the point of local use.

The price to the wholesaler would be around 1-2 pence (~cents) per kilowatt-hour, which is cheaper than nuclear power.

At first, they plan to limit distribution to Western Europe, where there is a strong impetus to adopt clean energy sources for carbon tax credits. They already have around 300 MW of production lined up from interested parties. They may also consider some installations outside Europe, if there is a compelling reason, such as something having to do with humanitarian causes.

Bobby expects that the first units could be ready for deployment within six months, following the alpha testing, fabrication, contracting, and permitting process that will be involved.

Then, once they have properly engineered and tested smaller devices, they can begin licensing the sale of those; but that will probably be 1-2 years away.

They are considering investment offers, but don't want to give away too much control of the company for this technology that could become as common as cell phones.

To illustrate the potential uses, a unit that weighs 2 tons could put out 96 MW. That is enough to power a 747 jumbo jet, replacing the 130 tons of weight from the present engines and fuel. Plus, with the weight savings, you could even boost the power to enable faster flight. And it wouldn't have to stop to refuel.

Bobby is also working on a variation of this technology that provides constant acceleration in one direction, though that is still on the drawing board."

I cannot find where read it, but the idea to create a higher gforce within the mechanism seems like the way into MW.

Interesting stuff!

7. Perkster029

Perkster029 Member

Let me translate every (okay, not EVERY. just a large majority) link you post:

We are claiming to have invented something. It makes energy happen! We are providing no explanation of how it works, so instead we will claim noone can understand it even if we did explain. Hopefully they just take our word for it.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
    8. JDavid

JDavid Well-Known Member

you forgot,

Testing seemed promising when we did it. Alpha Testing will begin shortly once the machine is finalized, we just want to make it bigger to make it more efficient.

9. miltonbr

miltonbr Well-Known Member

It is not difficult to explain the generator of Mr. Bobby Amarasingam. The hard part is not being ironic in explanation. But let's try: there is an electric motor connected into an outlet driving a mechanical gizmo that drives an electrical generator that provides power. He or the "professional scientists" (????) can claim whatever they want, but the energy the unit can provide will always be less than the energy that the device is consuming from the power grid. Summarizing, you will pay for the energy that the device can provide a little more than it costs. Very good deal.

10. Erich

Erich Well-Known Member

Paul,

Do you have an update on Charlie's progress?

You linked a video of it running off electricity and reported that he has closed the loop and now has a self runner.

That is an extraordinary claim.

Has he posted a video of it running without external sources of energy?

Erich

Interested to hear the excuses why its not quite working as claimed.

11. purelyprimitives

purelyprimitives New Member

Hello,

I'm the person Paul was referencing. Unfortunately he misinterpreted my video and jumped to a premature, unintended conclusion.

I've read through some the responses here and quite frankly don't know why Paul remains here to be insulted, mocked and belittled.
      Professional individuals should be able to disagree without resorting to inane juvenile taunting.

This will be my one and only response. I just wanted to set the record straight.

Charlie