• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Holy Grail of Mechanical Design?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Paul T, Oct 21, 2012.

1. JDavid

JDavid Well-Known Member

Dana +1

I think the problem is terms are being used when not everyone fully understands them.

As well magnet's lose strength based on the half-life of their material. So the equation would be based on that, though it's true if you can make a machine that runs for 100 yrs and all you have to do is replace the magnets every 100 years I would start investing even if all you actually produced was .047W If you produce anything I'm on board!

3. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Have you seen this design of magnetic bearing before?

If this is genuine, then the design can surely be improved.

Do you think having the poles further apart gives the design more stability than using thinner ring or disc magnets?

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    4. robertjeffery

robertjeffery Active Member

Paul T, Sorry to be a negative, but if the free energy system requires frictionless bearings to work, "then the free energy must be consumed by the standard ball bearings" therefore the available output energy is so small its probably not worth chasing.

5. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

What I am experimenting with doesn't require frictionless bearings to harness gravitational potential.

Passive magnetic bearings do exist.

They can enhance a number of technologies if they are refined.

This is my point.

Apply them to off the shelf technology such as wind turbines.

If they are not much more expensive than the best off the shelf NSK RHP pillow block bearings, I'm interested.

The problem for me is keeping the alignment spot on after the frame is welded.

Yes, this could be perfect if I had a plate bolted to the top of the frame that is milled or water jet cut.

Seems cheaper and more efficient to build some passive magnetic bearings as the plate won't be needed.

6. Erich

Erich Well-Known Member

Did you observe how the shaft wobbled when he was starting to spin the shaft up?

The radial location of the shaft changes with the changing radial loads on the shaft. Yes it is low friction, but it does a p!ss poor job of locating the shaft in space. Especially if the radial loads vary with time. Like in a device with swinging pendulum weights.

Overcoming that problem is why they are not in common use. Off the shelf pillow blocks will be easier and cheaper.

7. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

I believe I have improved the design.

I also believe the reason passive magnetic bearings have not been focused on is because the applications that require active magnetic bearing are heavy loads at high rpm.

I also believe that the extra oscillation is advantageous to the environmental input I am trying to harness.

8. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

How would you release a genuine perpetual motion machine?

I've been thinking about this one for years and I'd like to open the thread to share ideas on the best way to release a genuine machine that does real work.

9. Erich

Erich Well-Known Member

The advice I would ordinarily give to somebody with a hot product that will sell a bunch. Form a company, Go into production and get rich.

In this case, my advice is to simultaneously release the plans all over the web, send them to CNN and other news outlets. Then quickly join Salman Rushdie in hiding, before the Illuminati and the black helicopters take you out and suppress your technology.

But all of this is premature because the device doesn't work, and can never work. So there is no need to hide.

10. archer

archer New Member

What's happened with this project ????

11. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

He'll have something Real Soon Now... just as soon as the law of conservation of energy is repealed...