• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Holy Grail of Mechanical Design?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Paul T, Oct 21, 2012.

1. s.weinberg

s.weinberg Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

Again, hard to tell from that crude video, but it looks like both blades will likely just turn counter-clockwise, based on what you've said so far.

But let's say I'm wrong, and they spin opposite directions. What are you proposing that this demonstrates?

3. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Here is a short video of the assembled 3 bladed turbine.

https://www.dropbox.com/work/Team F...Propeller+-+Double+Second+Stage+Exhaust+2.mp4

I've not seen a demonstration yet but I wondered if you guys would be able to predict the outcome with all your skills.

Tesla patented the two stage turbine in more countries than any other patent.

However it seems no one until now has ever built it to the patent specification or even built a second stage!

4. s.weinberg

Can't watch the video right now, but you've dodged the critical question. Every experiment begins with a hypothesis.

Assuming everything does exactly what you expect (and you haven't said what that expectation even is), what do you propose this will demonstrate?

BTW, in case you haven't figured it out, no one here feels an obligation to prove our qualifications to you. These juvenile guessing games where people are supposed to guess what will happen based on shoddy video and half-assed descriptions serve no real purpose.

If you have an actual question, please feel free to ask.
      Also feel free to present your 100% proof that you've broken the laws of physics that you promised to produce before posting again.

5. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

6. s.weinberg

Look, I know this won't get through, but, for some reason, I feel the need to keep trying.

Imagine you have a ball and a track. Without a push, the ball can roll down hills in the track, and back up other hills - but it can never climb a hill higher than the hill it started on. The energy imparted by falling down a smaller hill can never impart enough energy to climb a higher one.

You are ignoring the fact that any mechanism you can create will still vent back into atmospheric pressure (hence the 'wormhole to space' comment I've made several times). That 'hill' at the end is the same 'size' as the 'hill' at the start.
      Atmospheric pressure could be a billion PSI, and you couldn't extract a milijoule of energy from it - because it has to 'climb' that 'hill' at the end, and vent back into that billion PSI pressure well.

7. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

The heat is extracted out of the air.

The Tesla turbine is a decompressor.

Air goes in.

Cold air comes out.

8. s.weinberg

a) That's not what you've indicated. You've pivoted once again, realizing that your idea of using the pressure well as a power source won't work. Pivoting is fine. Pretending it's not happening is the issue.

b) It won't work for the same reason. You can't extract heat at ambient. You'll have to cool your device to extract heat from the air, which will always take more energy than the energy embodied from the heat you're planning to extract.
      It's like trying to cool a room by leaving the freezer door open. The freezer will always give off more heat than coldness.

9. Mark_Armstrong

Mark_Armstrong Active Member

This has been a fascinating thread to follow. Paul T's dedication to trolling is spectacular. I have never seen anyone keep this kind of thing up for six years...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    10. john12

john12 Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

I haven't got the patience to read it all. Has he produced a free energy machine? If so then surely it's pretty easy to make a video showing it actually working?

If it really worked then I'd imagine you'd be making a lot of money somewhere rather than posting on internet forums.

11. Mark_Armstrong

Mark_Armstrong Active Member

No, never. As is to be expected.

I think he's just making models for a hobby and trolling this board as part of that hobby.