• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Holy Grail of Mechanical Design?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Paul T, Oct 21, 2012.

1. s.weinberg

s.weinberg Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

Nah, I think Paul is a True Believer.

Tesla was a wizard who invented everything we're going to discover in the next 1000 years, and the secret to perpetual motion machines is hidden in his patents. Has to be hidden of course, because there's a global cabal working tirelessly to suppress knowledge of perpetual motion.
      Scientists and engineers are just sheeples who allow themselves to fall under the spell of this cabal.

3. Mark_Armstrong

Mark_Armstrong Active Member

Well, best of luck to him.

4. MSHOfficial

MSHOfficial Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

Or it might not be a troll at all and he might be able to sell it and do earn a lot of money but its just famous yet. No body knows.

5. john12

john12 Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

I heard a great quote recently. It's not directly relevant to this, but I always think of it when I see those YouTube ads selling marketing courses -

Something like, "If someone has found a way of making money then they would be spending their time making money, not trying to sell you the secret of how to make money"

6. MSHOfficial

That is true but what if they found a way to make money by selling you ‘a way to make money’.

I mean if that’s their business plan then what. For example, Wendover productions always advertise on youtube through youtubers, they say things like Wendover productions help me made this video and when you do go to Wendover production they teach you how to make videos and get money from it.

7. john12

john12 Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

Yeah, that's the point - they're making money selling you their way to make money... so if you try to use their own idea yourself then it probably won't work.

I'm sure some do have good tips, but lots of these snakeoil marketing salespeople who say they'll tell you how to make millions online are basically just selling a scam!

8. MSHOfficial

That I do agree to, salesmen are scammers.

9. s.weinberg

s.weinberg Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

Sure we know. Because we can explain, in detail, why his ideas won't work, and have proceeded to do so throughout this thread

10. MSHOfficial

Oh then I am sorry I guess I didn't read through the forum.

11. Mark_Armstrong

Mark_Armstrong Active Member

It is a long read, but well worth it.

About half-way through the thread someone contributes numerous links to debunking pages. Those links are now broken. Most of that content can now be found here: https://www.lockhaven.edu/~dsimanek/home.htm