• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Holy Grail of Mechanical Design?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Paul T, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Mark_Armstrong

Mark_Armstrong Active Member

"Tesla wrote in the US Patent 1,061,206 Turbine that the machine would make explosions."

If you think he did, provide the text where he said that. I bet you can't. Because I bet he didn't.

"I've never seen this happen yet but I know it is possible with enough surface area."

No, you won't. Because it isn't.

"Is an explosion in partial vacuum an implosion?"

No, it isn't. At least no more than an exterior can be an interior. Or the external can be the internal.

Anyhow, I think we have exhausted the Tesla Turbine. It's time for you to set that aside and move on to the next Sure Thing.

I suggest Ley Line Generators.

3. Mark_Armstrong

Decided to go read US Patent 1,061,206.

Regarding "...the machine would make explosions".

Paul T is, once again, either wildly misunderstanding what he reads or is straight up lying.

The patent can be found here: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/1061206.pdf

For the single use of the word 'explosion' in the patent, ref the third page of the text and the paragraph beginning on line 71.

4. s.weinberg

s.weinberg Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

STOP FACT CHECKING! That is what the oil companies want you to do, and is NOT how progress is made! Darn it!

5. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Very soon you will see the pinnacle of my research so far.

This is how you harness nature via open system thermodynamics using vortexes harnessing centripetal and centrifugal force.

The fluid takes the line of least resistance so the spiral path becomes very long which increases the velocity of the fluid. The fluid is continuously imparting energy to the rotor via centripetal whilst the other rotor is imparting energy to the fluid and vise versa.

The rotors are geared. Transmitter and receiver. They are both transmitters and receivers in this configuration.

This is the answer we have all searched so hard for. This is Tesla's "Self-Acting Engine".

I wish I had two balanced rotors right now so I could show you!

It won't be long though!

6. s.weinberg

Let's break down that gibberish, shall we?

"This is how you harness nature via open system thermodynamics..."
      'Open system thermodynamics' simply means that you haven't captured the entire system in your model. It's not magic, its incompleteness.

" using vortexes harnessing centripetal and centrifugal force.

The fluid takes the line of least resistance so the spiral path becomes very long which increases the velocity of the fluid."

vague enough that it doesn't have much meaning to analyze.

"The fluid is continuously imparting energy to the rotor via centripetal whilst the other rotor is imparting energy to the fluid and vise versa."

Well, yeah (using 'energy' imprecisely anyway). Action and reaction. Except that they're imparting this 'energy' in opposite directions.

"The rotors are geared. Transmitter and receiver. They are both transmitters and receivers in this configuration."

Gearing helps you not at all. I'm assuming from the description that the gearing is 1:1, so all you're doing is adding friction to the system, and drag on whichever is running faster from the one that is running slower.

"This is the answer we have all searched so hard for. "

No one serious has been searching for this answer.

"This is Tesla's "Self-Acting Engine"."

Nope.

7. Mark_Armstrong

You left out the implosions...

Still I have a hard time not thinking that Paul is simply trolling and cannot really be this incapable of learning these things...

8. s.weinberg

That would be some expensive trolling. He's 3D printing some relatively large parts on relatively decent machines.

OTOH, I would not be at all surprised if he has a bunch of supporters who don't know any better sending him cash.