• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • How can I find a paid internship in cad drafting?

Discussion in 'Jobs wanted' started by eleesha, Jun 6, 2011.

1. eleesha

eleesha New Member

How can I find a paid internship in cad drafting? I'm going to school for CAD Drafting and I want to get a little more hands on experience. What company can I work for as a paid intern.

3. Bob_S

Bob_S Member

Can't answer your question directly, because I don't know where in the world you are (I would guess USA because of the assumption in your question is that there is nowhere else).

I would recommend that you raise your profile by not referrring to drafting. Drafting is 2D drawings. CAD systems do this semi-automatically from a 3D model these days, so referring to yourself as a drafter is belittling yourself.

Raise the ante, and if you're still getting experience and can't yet call yourself a designer, call yourself a CAD operator/user/designer as you go up the ladder.

Good Luck :)