• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • How do I make a vacuum cleaner

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by danielon8669, Apr 19, 2018.

1. danielon8669

danielon8669 Member

Hello, please I need help. I'm about to do my first project and I need some help.
      The aim of this project is to simply stop large particles from blocking a vacuum cleaner. I noticed when particles get stuck in the pipe, the vacuum can't pick up enough dirt because air flow has been restricted.
      I just created a design recently and it's basically just a vacuum handle with an additional compartment that can trap dirt and dust.
      It's my first design so I don't actually know if it's going to work, want to give it a go.
      I have decided to design a different compartment where I can fit a filter/wire mesh to and then connect it to the main pipe/handle of the vacuum. Since it is going to be a different compartment, I can easily pull it out of the pipe open it, dispose the particles inside, clean the dust and fit it into the vacuum pipe again.I don't think I'm making sense
      I don't know how to make some of the parts in a workshop though. I was thinking of using a 3D printer to make some of the parts, don't know if it's a stupid idea. 20180419_104729.jpg 20180419_104715.jpg 20180419_105245.jpg