• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • How far can a company go

Discussion in 'Manufacturers of mechanical parts' started by other, Aug 25, 2013.

1. other

other Member

i was just finished a project( structure design for a medical equipment ) for a large company(Forture 50). as a supplier , is very strange that the mechanical team leader of the project can not hold the project independently,( the mechanical design is small part of hole project, they also have ID ) he can talk as a professional but act as a newbie, the product divide into several part, and i design the base of the product, when i finished my part, they add some part on it ,it have movement structure , such like rotation, as a designer , i think is important to know the defect of a structure design ,such as no draft , no reliability, not good for mold manufacture , but when the product was sent to made prototype, it's in poor design, it still need refine,
      the company has good environment , good training , good salary, but why it have not have good designer?(maybe is only in some department ) after i talk to someone , i found that they don't need person who can hold a project independently , they just need only one person hold one part , so when anyone leave , is easy to find someone instead, maybe it's right, but i think when a designer don't know about the mold manufacture process, how can he make a good design, how can he make a design with low mold cost. so how far the company can go?

3. Carlos Taylor

Carlos Taylor New Member

I am totally agree with you. I feel this kind of management style is ridiculous. :)