• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • How to become a Mechanical design engineer

Discussion in 'Pop in and say hello!' started by Goli Nagaraju, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Goli Nagaraju

Goli Nagaraju New Member

Hello to all.I am newly joined member a mechanical graduate. I am fresher I want to become a mechanical design engineer please help me to achieve my goal and what I have to do...thanks to all

3. Tarmo

Tarmo Member

Hi, could you be little more specific what kind of help do you need and what are your goals? Then maybe others can help to find answers to your concerns and give you more specific guidance. It is little too general to say that I want to become a mechanical engineer. Is there any engineering topic you are interested in?

4. Goli Nagaraju

Goli Nagaraju New Member

Actually I don't know how many fields are there in mechanical designside and what they are.. please help me that how many are they and then I will get an idea then I will decided.

Actually I am fresher so I don't know what to do. I know the 3d modeling in nx9. I want some guidance like if we want to create a product we have to be with design knowledge like functional area of part and how to decide dimensions..like that but I don't know these..so to achieve that state what I have to do first...is it any use that creating part models..
      And how to decide the limits and tolerances and gD and t symbols for a particular part..

Is there any sources for part drawing..
      Please help me..

Thanks you very much

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    5. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

To become a mechanical engineer you need to complete a university program in mechanical engineering.

6. Goli Nagaraju

Goli Nagaraju New Member

Yes I completed graduate. After that what I need to know and what I have to do those things I want to know...

7. antonio.baron

antonio.baron Member

I just found this post very interesting that may answer some of your questions https://www.engineeringclicks.com/teaching-design/ , Currently, I believe that to become a design engineer, comes from your personal interests, having a positive attitude, and negative when finding or evaluating risks, practicing, don't feeling afraid to ask (You don't need to know everything) and keep in mind that failure is an opportunity to learn something new. Anyway, I hope you find the post useful.

Cheers

8. Tarmo

Tarmo Member

My first suggestion would be: just start from somewhere. Ask a lot of questions from your older, more experienced colleagues during practical activities.

9. cynthiamyra

cynthiamyra New Member

Thanks for the suggestion.