• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • how to control the product deformation(3rd: runner system)

Discussion in 'Plastic moulding' started by hello bowen, Oct 8, 2014.

1. hello bowen

hello bowen Member

3. How to control the product deformation (3rd. Mould design:runner system)
      As we know, if you want to control the product deformation, mould design is very important, there are three systems you need to be considered.
      These are runner system, cooling system and ejector system.

First let’s talk about the runner system.

When you get a product, maybe you will ask which type of gate I should choose, hot runner or cold runner. First you should know more about the product information.

Like the product quality, quantity, or whether this product need change the color frequently or some other requirements.

Sometimes it was designated by our clients or whether the quotation contains the hot runner, if not.
      We should be able to determine them by ourselves, below are the things to be considered

1. Volume of production, how many parts do you plan to run per year or for the lifetime of the mold. One hundred thousand or one million? sprue and runner will not discharged due to hot runner method, so choice a hot runner can save plastic material especially for mass production.

2. For some large parts, dimension are exceed 600mmX600mm, also the parts shape or the structure are completed, the first choice is the hot runner, because this situation, cold runner may cause short shot happened, or the injection circle time was very long, or it’s very hard to control the part dimension.
      3. If the product should often change the color (some product should have many kinds of color, and the color should be changed frequently), at this time, hot runner won’t be a good choice, because when you switch to another color, it will be more difficult to clean it up than the cold runner, this is just based on my previous experience. Maybe someone knows how to clean it quickly. You can tell me. TKS
      And there are some advantages and disadvantages about the hot runner.
      1. Shorten the mold cycle time,
      2. Saving plastic material(no runners and gate)
      3. Improve product quality
      4. precise control the plastic melt temperature

DISADVANTAGES
      1. High price
      2. The mould structure become more complicate
      3. Maintenance is more complicated and easy to have problems with when improper operation.
      4. . More difficult when change the product color.

3. odinmould

odinmould Member

structural of mold, thermo-physical properties of plastic materials and injection molding process conditions and parameters have different effects on deformation products. , so the study of the deformation of injection products must consider many factors throughout the molding process and material properties, etc.

4. hello bowen

hello bowen Member

TKS for your comments, yes there are lots of factors cause the parts deformation. i still updating, before i write two thread about the how to choose the type of product material, and product design, and here, i talk about the mould design, now, actually i am studying english, i want to improve my english. and TKS for your comment. what do you do for living. and are you Chinese.