• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • How to make friends with people of other cultures

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Eon_wu-chinese, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Eon_wu-chinese

Eon_wu-chinese Member

Here is topic not about technology ,but interesting,
      Every one needs friend and need to make friends with others, especially when you are in different countries ,different cultures.

How to make friends?

Here is a remark I saw on a Chinese forum :

Where to start

Making and keeping Chinese friends is a great way to get to know the culture and way of life more. That’s not to say that it isn’t somewhat frustrating when building friendships with the Chinese. What is more annoying than a young Chinese student interrupting your afternoon at the coffee shop asking, “Can I be your friend?†While some Chinese may be overeager to make your acquaintance, befriending coworkers, classmates, neighbors or whoever, it is a great way to learn more about Chinese culture and share Western culture.

But where to find said friends? Other than work or school, it might not be so easy. If you want to meet people who share your common interests, it’s probably a good idea to branch out in the area where you live. Sitting at home, ordering take away and watching DVDs isn’t going to get you anywhere. Going to events like networking get togethers or getting involved with a sporting club you’re bound to meet Chinese people eager for a foreign friend. And there are always the cafes, tea houses and, of course, Starbucks. If you are adventurous enough to meet some random people from a restaurant or at your favorite coffee shop, take some caution and read up on these common scams first.

3. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Re: How to make freigns with people for other cultur

I've met lots of nice people on my trips to China, but when I was alone in Shanghai I had lots of people trying to scam me!

More info on the Shanghai scams here.

This is the scam that they kept trying on with me:
      and

4. Eon_wu-chinese

Eon_wu-chinese Member

Oh, I am sorry to hear that, but yes,you better be careful about that, many Chinese peple got scamed by many tricks,so ,do not easy go with strangers,especially beautiful girls or handsome man.watch out strangers.

5. xmechanic

xmechanic Active Member

Here in the US the death that awaits us is the Chinese. Haha I remember when Japan made cheap crap and were going to overtake the US manufacturers. I went looking today for a small tap & die set, wound up buying one die made in China because I could not find a US manufacturer.