• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • How to prevent casting blister in zinc casting?

Discussion in 'Metal casting & moulding' started by Karen, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Karen

Karen New Member

Hi guys, nice meeting you here!:) I always faced casting blister issue in zinc casting. Sometimes I don't see the blister on the casting surface but when it went through plating process, the blister will surface out. This makes me wonder are those blisters from casting process or from plating process? But sometimes I do see blisters surfacing on the casting surface, so I am suspecting that after plating the blisters that appears on the surface is caused during casting process??? How to prevent blister during casting process? This defect is a high fallout in the production. I really need your professional advices. Thank you!

3. Ross' Workshop

Ross' Workshop New Member

You could have a bad mold material. You might have too much of a gap between the mold halves. Do you have any control over the casting process?

4. Karen

Karen New Member

Casting process? Do you meant that during casting on the casting machine? This casting parameter is controlled by the production guy. I do feel that the casting is not solid that is why the air bubbles can't escape and resulted in blister issues. This is only my thoughts if not I can't think of why the blister is there....