• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Howdy Ya'll

Discussion in 'Pop in and say hello!' started by kmapro, Jan 8, 2016.

1. kmapro

kmapro New Member

Names Kevin and I am in Atlanta, Georgia (as if you couldn't tell by the accent).

Been designing (AutoCAD and SolidWorks) for about 22 years. Started engineering school (Mechanical Engineering) in 1996..and I am on track to graduate August of this year (2016). Yes, for those of you who can do math, that's 20 years :eek: :eek:

However, I "dropped out" in 1998 so that I could raise my young family (not to mention I was making a 110 mile round trip between home, work and school every day) - I returned to the same school in 2012 so that I could finish the degree. Since returning back to school, I have only been able to take a max of 2 classes per semester because I am still working a full time job (as an "engineer" I might add).

Currently employed in the trenchless technology industry. In other words, I design plastic liners that get installed inside of existing underground pipes and then the pipe is structurally reinforced by "pumping" cementitious grout in the annular space between the liner and the host. I also designed/invented or improved the equipment used to do so. Current role is "Technical Services Engineer" - which is just fancy nomenclature for "Sh!T, get Kevin!!" any time something goes wrong or anytime somebody needs something.

I have also worked with high pressure steam valves (multi-million dollar setups), residential engineered floor systems and aluminum curtain wall/storefront products. And, on my own, I have designed/built houses for 22 years.

My hobbies/interests would be anything automotive and design related automotive. Would love to be designing aftermarket automotive products (mainly diesel truck related).

Well, that's me in a nutshell. Glad LinkedIn suggested this site and group...

Thank ya'll and ya'll have a gooden....

3. design-engine

design-engine Member

I grew up in Atlanta. Went to Parkview HS and Southern Tech. good to meet you.

4. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Hi Kevin, that's a great intro. Welcome to MDF!