• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • I want to become a Mechanical Design Engineer

Discussion in 'Mechanical design JOBS' started by maheshmnair1987, May 27, 2013.

1. maheshmnair1987

maheshmnair1987 New Member

Dear All,

My name is Mahesh.I want to become a design Engineer.I have Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering.After graduation , my 4 years of experience is in Project Management.Now I would like to do a transition from my current field to Design.I know a lot of hard work and pain need to face for achieving my goal.But I have a starting trouble like Where I need to start?
      Which are the courses I need to do for acquiring the skills?
      How I will produce my CV because my last experience is in project Management?
      I would like to know your valuable suggestions about my doubts.
      Please clarify.

3. PierArg

PierArg Well-Known Member

Hi Mahesh and welcome to MDF!

It's very difficult to switch from one field to another because nowadays the job-specialization is the most important factor for a Company.

If you really want to change your professional career, you should attend a post-graduate Master in Mechanical Design.
      You have a great advantage: being an engineer you already know the basics and foundamentals.

4. jackkingsford

jackkingsford Member

Welcome to this forum! I think you can include that project management experience in your CV. Just make sure that it’s not the only experience you have.