• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • I want to show off my new gear machining parts

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by CPC-sara, Apr 17, 2013.

1. CPC-sara

CPC-sara Member

Frankly speaking, my customer didn't tell me what exactly the application. So I don't know,either. At the moment,he is put it into the practical now. When I get the end product, I will show you guys.

And another thing, I really want to add an external links and with some sales pitch. However,I don't know how to add the links. Second, English is my second language, you know it is hard for me to use the sales pitch. Hahahahha, ;). Before, I think those maybe a bad things for me. Now it seems my shortage help me.

3. CPC-sara

CPC-sara Member

I just know it was machined on a 5-axis machining center with special tools. About the geometry, I must consult our engineers.

4. mohamedalsaidmo

mohamedalsaidmo Active Member

Bevel gear

This chamfer looks like this unit will be in contact perpendicular with another gear. bevel gear is this right.

5. CPC-sara

CPC-sara Member

This gear belong to bevel gear, but it does not need to contact with other gears. It is for cutting something.

6. srdfmc

srdfmc Well-Known Member

if you want a neat cut in a soft material, you'll hve a square law to keep the strain cte along the thickness of the cut section. I guess that a chamfer was the most rounded practical solution (it works also in the Pizza case ;) )

7. Suhael

Suhael Member

the teeth go very thin at the edge.. pizza cutting might have been the real purpose who knows.. :confused:

8. CPC-sara

CPC-sara Member

It seems most of you like pizza, hehehe, do you know what we call pizza in China? It is very delicious.

9. CPC-sara

CPC-sara Member

I will ask my client, what is it used for. Then tell you all. Hehehe

10. CPC-sara

CPC-sara Member

Good news. I got the application. The feed gear is for transfering of plastic at a specific rate. Not Pizza, you guys all wrong, hehehe :cool:

11. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

So not cutting at all then? The tool somehow moves plastic parts/particles around?