• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Image size increase

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by micha, Oct 18, 2014.

1. micha

micha Member

Hey, hope someone here can help. I have scanned a page from a book which I need to get printed, only problem is that the scanned file is not big enough, it need to be blown up about 50 %. Is there any way to do that without losing too much quality? Its mainly text with a couple of line illustrations.

3. morrison

morrison New Member

You will not usually get good results with increasing image size, it will get pixelated and blurry. You could try tracing the line illustrations with Illustrator but the results will not be very good. You could also just try scanning with the highest settings, for example 600 dpi or what ever your printer supports.

4. micha

micha Member

Thanks for thee reply. I dont have any software like illustrator so I guess I just have to go with what Ive got. It looks fine on my computer screen so fingers crossed it will look ok printed. The printing place wants 300 dpi files so I guess thats the resolution I should scan the files as? Its here> print24

5. AceEngineer

AceEngineer Member

MS Office Picture Manager will resize images. On the right, click edit and then resize. You can also use PowerPoint. I always scan at the upper limit of my scanner so I have some resolution to give away during resizing.

AceEngineer

6. micha

micha Member

Thanks AceEngineer!