• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Inquiry about Part name and function

    Discussion in 'Help, info & forum announcements' started by jenni.jewels, May 21, 2022.

    1. jenni.jewels

      jenni.jewels New Member

      May 2022
      Likes Received:
      Hi All,

      I am new here and this is my first post,
      I will appreciate your support about the name and purpose of the attached part, all i know is that its plugged at the end of an inner tube which moves inside another tube for length extending purpose, my guessing is that this part is used to reduce rattle or keep tube strudy.

      Thanks in advance

      Attached Files:

    3. Erich

      Erich Well-Known Member

      Feb 2012
      Likes Received:
      Welcome to the forum. I don't know of a standardized name for that part. I believe you have the function of the part correct. It allows the motion of the tube to be consistent even though there are large tolerances on the diameter of the mating tubes. That is one of cool things you can do with plastics.

    Share This Page

    1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
      Dismiss Notice