• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Inverted scissor lift used as a rigid slewing hoist

Discussion in 'Calculations' started by Imprezered, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Imprezered

Imprezered New Member

Hi all,

I have designed an inverted scissor lift to act as a rigid slewing hoist. Hopefully you can see the images below.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

If the images cannot be viewed, basically the design incorporates 3 pairs of arms with pivots being positioned 600mm either side of the central pivot. It has vertical movement of around 1500mm using two 300mm stroke cylinders. The system is required to lift 1000kg and uses two hydraulic cylinders with a pulling force of 3.4tonnes each. These are postioned in an almost vertical orientation which then pull on the uppermost link arms about the centre pivot.

We are finding that the system moves freely in the unloaded condition but when loaded it stalls.

I have found quite a bit of information on standard scissor lifts but not inverted ones!

Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards

3. Ramana Rao

Ramana Rao Well-Known Member

The images are not visible and without them it is difficult to understand the problem.

4. Strambo

Strambo Member

I could help if I could see the images. Try pasting them into your posting.

5. Please upload the image of provide the link for the image so that we could help!!!

6. hackman

hackman New Member

Your link is pointing at your local C drive.