• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • launching an energy efficiency project

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by toastcharm, Dec 23, 2016.

1. toastcharm

toastcharm Member

Our company is thinking of launching an energy efficiency project, I was chosen to lead it. i know for a fact that there are a number of important considerations that we must take into account. We need to know our building's energy baseline in order to accurately calculate energy savings, any tools that we can use for this? How about you, what is your energy management strategy?

3. Safo Kofi

Safo Kofi Member

I
      I have no strategy in mind...but I think I can help you with some calculation when doing the project...so please count me in I want to learn more from you Sir

4. calligraphygirl

calligraphygirl Member

We do the usual planning, monitoring and actions to save energy. We also practice reuse and residual disposition. But, you may also rely on a consultant who can work with a faster reduction of energy consumption.

5. Darshak Parikh

Darshak Parikh Member

I am not sure about any tools available for the same however you can develop a curve based on your your monthly energy consumption. Monthly graph will help you notice the seasonal variation. If it is a manufacturing setup, you should take into account the production volume(Main factor), for a management office you should consider outside temperature and occupancy. It depends from case to case however, close examination will help you determine the factors.

6. toastcharm

toastcharm Member