• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • looking for 2'ax servo for spindle in 5ax router

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by gras, May 6, 2014.

1. gras

gras New Member

Hello

I am looking for 2'ax servo for the spindle the same like on the pictures below. I'm beginner i was searching on tracepartsonline and 3dcontentcentral but couldn't find anything... I'm looking for .STEP file for Catia V5. Could anyone help me in finding that part for the spindle? Or maybe there is the full part : i mean servo with the spindle ;) thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Lochnagar

Lochnagar Well-Known Member

When I am looking for 3D models I tend to mainly use 3Dcontentcentral - but on occasions I have used Grabcad. However, although some of the models look quite visually good on Grabcad - I have found that the precise detail is sometimes poorly modelled and completely inaccurate and unreliable - and this point is worth noting.

So my advice would be that if you cant find what you are looking for in 15 minutes on these websites - it is sometimes just as quick - to get out a digital vernier - and pop down to the workshop - and take the respective dimensions - and model it up yourself - and at least you know if you have done the job properly - then you can rely on the geometry you have modelled.

You could approach KIMLA directly and ask them for a 3D model - and explain that you want it so that you can determine/visualize whether the part you want routing can be machined or not from a 3D space perspective (which is why I assume you want the 3D model of this part). You might if you are lucky get a 3D surface model - assuming your company owns a KIMLA router.

Another approach (which I wouldn't use for this example) - is to 3D scan the part - and Faro do 3D scanners - from which you can get a 3D model generated - but it is expensive option.

The availability of 3D models keeps improving every year - but we are a long way away from getting every 3D model we might want. However, you also need to think about things from the perspective of the original equipment manufacturer (OEM)- since if everything was available in 3D - then there would be a lot more copying of equipment going on - which is something I have seen from my former company's perspective.

Hope this is of some help.