• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Looking for Mechanical Design related jobs

Discussion in 'Jobs wanted' started by tnchsg, Apr 1, 2011.

1. tnchsg

tnchsg New Member

Hi,

I am Tan Chee Siang, from Malaysia. I graduated from Aerospace Engineering school of University Putra Malaysia. Then, I began my first career in Lipro Mold Engineering Sdn Bhd as Design Engineer since 2004. Lipro Mold Engineering is a plastic injection tooling design and manufacturing company. I involved in more than 40 projects for motorcycle, television and consumer products by using Pro Engineer Wildfire and Moldex3D for mold flow study. These knowledge & experience which I gained from tooling design had enlightened me. I believe I can share my experience in terms of tooling technology, plastic materials and CAD knowledge if given the opportunity.

After 2 ½ years, I joined Takahata Precision (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd as Tooling Design Engineer. The company provides me an opportunity to design tooling for precision products and training in the above areas. My main job scope is to design the plastic injection tools for precision products, such as optical parts, precision gear for camera and toiletries. The main challenge in this job is to redesign customer’s product in CAD by taking into the account the tolerance, so that the final products able to meet the stringent precision requirement and specification.

After my few years of experience in plastic industry and tooling design, I decided to take the challenge and change my career path to product design. I joined Xyratex, an UK company which design test equipments for HDD industry as a Mechanical Development Engineer. It is a big challenge to design a testing machine for hard disk drive as the HDD has a very high precision requirement and sensitive to vibration and thermal; hence the machine required a very precise design, good isolation to vibration and excellent thermal performance. I had involved in design, develop and sustaining test rack, automation and equipments for HDD industry which are known as Xcalibre and Optimus. I do involve in the thermal and dynamic analysis to the design, conduct testing to the products and troubleshoot the thermal or vibration issues occurred on the products.

I am well-versed in Pro Engineer Wildfire 2.0, Solidworks & AutoCAD as I have 7 years of experience in using these tools for my design works I do use Cosmosworks to run simulation for design verification, flow and vibration analysis.

My personal attributes include leadership, analytical and troubleshooting skills. I have a career history of achieving employment goals and a history of quality work carried to timely completion.

I am looking forward to hear from you and I will be glad to send you my resume for your reference upon request.
      I can be reached by
      email: cheesiang.tan@gmail.com,
      mobile phone no: +6012-5508595 and
      linkedin: http://my.linkedin.com/in/cheesiang

Thanks

Yours sincerely,

Tan Chee Siang

3. kdasent

kdasent New Member

4. tnchsg

tnchsg New Member