• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Makeover for the Mechanical Design Forum!

Discussion in 'Help, info & forum announcements' started by GarethW, Apr 18, 2010.

1. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

I've been doing a spot of redecorating here this weekend :D I hope you all like the changes I've made. Here's a summary of the makeover:

1) New, more cheerful forum logo that doesn't take up half the page!
      2) New toolbar in the header - you'll never get lost in the forum again! The toolbar gives instant access to "hot topics", "what's new?" (I.E. New postings), and a few other things including hotlinks to our LinkedIn group, Twitter and Blogger.
      3) The entire forum has been widened slightly. Wider images can now be posted (max 700px wide)
      4) A new favicon - a nice friendly "M" for "Mechaical Design Forum" (the little icon that appears in your browser bar). This has replaced original wacky, incomprehensible one.
      5) Forum rules now written. Please read them!
      6) An "About" page (accessible from the toolbar).
      7) I've tidied up the header and got rid of some useless tools/links that nobody would ever use.

[​IMG]

3. cwarner7_11

cwarner7_11 Well-Known Member

You are still using blue lettering on black background, which is a bit of a challenge for those of us that are visually challenged...

4. GarethW

I mean to change that, but it's a bit tricky. Hopefully I will sort it out soon...

5. GarethW

Well that was sorted out quite a while ago. In fact, I hope that the current grey/white scheme is nice and easy on the eye :)