• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Mar 14th 2012: Is this forum for me? good looking aluminium die casting?.....& more

Discussion in 'Newsletters' started by GarethW, Mar 13, 2012.

1. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Jul 2009

Below is the usual digest of interesting discussion topics from the last few days. I hope you enjoy them, and would encourage you to contribute your ideas where possible!

Mechanical Design Jobs
      For your info, we now have a special Twitter account for Mechanical Design Jobs! Please "follow" this account to be notified of ALL mechanical engineering jobs that are posted in the forum. We also have a new LinkedIn group dedicated to jobs.

Hot topics
      How to achieve a good looking aluminium die casting? Currently we shot-blast a texture on our aluminium die castings to make them look nice. This does a reasonable job of making the appearance look OK. However, the disadvantage.....

Is this forum for me?
      Hey guys. I am new here. Not only that, I am new the the engineering design concept too. To be honest, I am a high school drop out. I always wanted to become a mechanical desginer but people tell me without a high school degree or college I might as well try another career......

Tap tool supplier for (1.3125" - 32 UNS-2A) thread. A friend needs to form a '1.3125" - 32 UNS-2A' thread in a plastic prototype part but is having difficulty finding a supplier of a suitable tap tool. Any ideas?

WHERE can i get C-Channel Beam for stainless steel/ aluminium dimension PLEASE 1. Can someone please send me or tell me where i can get C channel Beam dimensions for stainless steel or aluminum. 2. Am using solidworks but i can not find the c-channel like this pic.....

Stereolithography & 3D Printing
      . I work for a glass bottle manufacturing company. Last week I was asked to look into Stereolithography machines. Basically sometimes when developing a new bottle profile with our customers we have 3d models made off the bottles by an external company and.....

For more Hot Topics click here

Unanswered questions
      Sled motor. Im trying to build a small ploter, where can I buy the sled motor as shown in the following picture?

Gear 'K' chart.
      What is a "K" chart (profile) of a gear? How is it prepared? Though the Total profile deviation allowed is 16μm, the "K" chart gives a profile deviation of different values at different roll angle. Pl exlain. Thanks .....

Unique Form Compression Spring Design. I'm working on a project where I need to design a compression spring with coils in a custom form. While there is a plethora of information available for cylindrical spring design.....

PRO-e Ribbon toolbar. I Just installed Pro-E Wildfire 5, and I need to use ribbon tool bar in it. Currently I am getting that convention drop down menu. I tries to search a lot but could not find ant option.....

Calculatin for engine cylender please help. how to calculate stterling engine cylinder diameter or cylinder thickness and piston diameter and connecting rod length and connecting rod diameter for stterling engine.....

For more Unanswered Questions click here