• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Masters in Machine Design/Product Development

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by apaar, Apr 21, 2011.

1. apaar

apaar New Member

Can anyone suggest good universities for pursuing masters in machine/industrial design,product development in US and Europe?

3. RickStockton

RickStockton Member

A Masters in Integrated Product Design might be interesting and useful.

The ability to practice IPD has been a key part of winning business.

I googled 'Integrated Product Design". While I was looking for something in the States, I think that I recall seeing a decent European selection.

Best Regards,

Rick Stockton

4. apaar

apaar New Member

Thanks a lot Rick, i googled myself and found a few good univs in Europe. However, i m still searching for some good info about American Universities. Between how is Integrated Product Design different from say MS in Mechanical Engineering with Design specialization?

5. RickStockton

RickStockton Member

I thought that I had found several schools in the States (which is where I live), but it has been too long since I looked them.

And the differences, as far as I can tell, are in scope. An MSME would be more material-specific and product-type-specific. I had initially found IPD while looking for branding options. I looked at some cirricula, and reallized that I had already "earned" an MSIPD over my 25 years as a manufacturing engineer and mechanical design engineer.