• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • maxon motor problem

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by zubair, Dec 1, 2011.

1. zubair

zubair Member

Hello friends! here is another problem i have to discuss. usually motors have 2,3 or four holes on front face to fasten them on their mounts. i have a maxon dc motor of dia 1mm which does not have holes to mount rather it has threads on its one step just coincident with shaft but having dia greater than its shaft. i have to mount the motor by fastening through its outer threads and inner threads on motor housing. will the motor loosen during working? how to avoid its loosening?

3. tonycro

tonycro Well-Known Member

hello there,

From what you've described, it will depend on which way the shaft rotates in relation to the thread form, it'll either tighten or loosen.

For the apparent size, I would suspect that a loctite would be adequate to secure it against loosening if needed.

tony.

4. zubair

zubair Member

thank u friend.
      this shaft has to rotate on both sides i.e., clockwise and counterlock wise. so yes, there are both the chances for the threads to loosen or tighten. will, in such case, also the loctite is sufficient solution?
      and please tell me is it easy at any stage to disassemble motor from its mount when loctite is applied and by which method?
      Regards

5. tonycro

tonycro Well-Known Member

dunno, depends on a number of factors; torque, temperature, gap between shafts, and so on. You need to look at the product range and pick one that can cope.

yes, but , well maybe :)

Some are stronger than others and it depends on how much apply. Pick one that will stop rotation and that can be taken apart - my normal range of machines is in the MW range and what is applicable there may not be for your application.

sorry to be a bit vauge,

tony

6. vic.blackall

vic.blackall Well-Known Member

Loctite 221 should do it