• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Mechanical Design Engineer

Discussion in 'Jobs wanted' started by Zuzana, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Zuzana

Zuzana New Member

I am Mechanical Design Engineer.

I have 5 years experience with design of special purpose machines, products, tools and fixtures. I have experience also with correcting existing drawing and models, with remodel 2D into 3D and with making the drawings based on a sketch from customer.

I'm looking for new projects/contract or ongoing work to join the team.
      I have my own license for Inventor and Catia.

Zuzana E
      sk.linkedin.com/pub/zuzana-eliasova/90/70b/a05/

3. Lochnagar

Lochnagar Well-Known Member

Hi Zuzana,

I just thought I would give you my thoughts on your recent post. I considered outsourcing some design work to another country some two years ago - and after a lot of discussions with the other company (who were providing the engineers), I concluded that it was going to be more hassle than it was going to be of value.

Most companies have their own internal design standards - of how things have to be designed, so that was going to be a problem managing that, and most companies have library's of parts and assemblies that they want incorporated into new designs, and yes this can be done with a PDM system - however, this leaves companies very exposed since you are practically giving all your companies information over too these engineers working remotely, which leaves the company exposed to theft of intellectual property - which most companies are very concerned about. There was also going to be the issue of checking drawings in the design office (that were produced remotely), and that I sensed was going to be a lot of hassle, and possibly involve video conference calls - and that burns up time - and costs money. So I concluded that it was going to be very difficult to manage the other engineers remotely.

So whilst I wish you well with your venture, you may encounter the "issues" I have briefly touched upon above. So you may have to be willing to travel abroad (to sit in the design office) to pick up work.

Hope this helps.

4. Zuzana

Zuzana New Member

Hi, Lochnagar,
      thank you for your advice. I can understand companies reasons.

Anyway I have experience to work thrue sharepoint and video conferences with shared screen. It´s worked good in this particular case. I am also quite willing to travel abroad.

Thank you again for your contribution.
      z