• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Mechanical Design - salaries are in reverse

Discussion in 'General jobs discussion' started by TedRogers321, Aug 12, 2009.

1. TedRogers321

TedRogers321 Member

Allow me to to continue my celebration of misery by posting another gloomy new topic this evening.

I guess everyone's in the same boat regarding salaries regardless of profession, but what brought it home to me was recently seeing an ad for a job I left 3 years ago (same job - same company). The salary was £35K. I was on £36K when I left that position.

You can get a job as a bus driver where I live for £35K. How utterly depressing.

Anyone else got any anecdotes or opinions to this effect?

3. s.mcclean

s.mcclean New Member

Where do you live?

Might give up Engineering and become a bus driver ;)

4. aknotley

aknotley Active Member

I am inclined to agree with you. Salaries have stagnated, so with the effect if inflation they are in reverse. :x

That said, I don't think this phenomenon is exclusive to Mech Engs. Everyone's in the same boat with the economy in its present state (unless you're a banker, of course).