• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Mechanical Engineering and CADD Student seeking internship in Orlando, FL

Discussion in 'Jobs wanted' started by estrivera, May 27, 2012.

1. estrivera

estrivera New Member

Hi,

My name is Esteban Rivera. I'm a full time student pursuing a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering with an Associates in Computer Aided Drafting and Design and ASME student member. Seeking the opportunity of getting an internship in the Mechanical Engineering/Drafting field in the Orlando area with the purpose of gaining knowledge and experience in regards to the Mechanical Engineering profession. I have included my resume. I may be contacted at [email protected].

[h=1]Objective[/h]To obtain an internship position in Mechanical Drafting by utilizing unique skills acquired through course studies and work experience.
      [h=1]Education[/h]Valencia College, Orlando, FL May 2013

• Associates in Arts in Mechanical Engineering§ Associates in Science in Computer Aided Drafting and Design§ Certificates in AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Mechanical Drafting
      • Transferring to University of Central Florida for Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in Summer 2013
      [h=1][/h]
      US Army, Fort Eustis, VA
      April 1998

• UH-60 Black Hawk Helicopter Mechanical Course, Aviation Maintenance Intermediate Level
      [h=1]Relevant Coursework[/h]
      • Calculus 1, 2, 3
      • Physics with Calculus 1
      • Engineering Drawing

• Advance Computer Aided Drafting
      • 3D Computer Aided Drafting
      • Mechanical Drafting
      [h=1]Relevant Experience[/h]Sr. Mechanical Technician
      DEI Services, Corp., Orlando, FL September 2007 to September 2009
      • Fabricated, assembled, modified and refurbished helicopter training /simulation devices and components; worked to precise tolerances and MIL-STD codes
      • Thirteen years experience repairing and modifying automobiles and watercraft
      • Experience in fabricating parts and modifying motorcycles

Helicopter Mechanic, Army Veteran

US Army, Fort Bragg, NC November 1997 to November 1999
      • Disassembled, inspected, replaced parts that did not meet criteria and reassembled the UH-60 “Blackhawk†Helicopter
      • Responsible for keeping aircraft in a safe and reliable condition
      • Conducted 500-hour intermediate maintenance inspection course
      • Trained by military Standards to be disciplined and dedicated; Minimum supervision needed
      Additional ExperienceOwner
      Rivera Foam & Trim, Inc., Orlando, FL March 2002 to June 2007
      • Installed architectural foam on new homes as a subcontractor
      • Completing payroll in a timely basis and filed quarterly corporation taxes
      • Prepared and submitted all invoices and work orders
      • Handled accounts payable, accounts receivable, material pick up, etc.
      Teller
      Fast C heck of Central Florida, Orlando, FL January 2001 to March 2002
      • Validated customer’s checks presented for cashing (payroll, government, etc.)
      • Averaged $50,000 daily in transactions
      • During tax season handled over $200,000 in transactions

Security Lieutenant (Area Manager)
      Provident Security, Clermont, FL January 2000 to January 2001
      • Supervised 10 post supervisors in the Central Florida area
      [h=1]Honors/Awards[/h] Honor Graduate: US Army Helicopter Maintenance Advance Training
      [h=1]Skills[/h]Computer: Proficient in AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
      Language: Fluent in Spanish and English