• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Modeling a flexible material

Discussion in '2D and 3D CAD general discussion forum' started by aleco305, Jan 20, 2014.

1. aleco305

aleco305 New Member

Does anyone know a good software where I can model something made of a soft material like silicone? Is this possible to do on SolidWorks? I would like to be able to perform finite element analysis and other testing. Thanks!

3. Sbaugh

Sbaugh Member

I don't know any 3D Cad software that would do great with modeling silicone... (IN Solidworks) you might try just creating a profile (round most likely) and create path that you can use as a Sweep. if you making a pile of Silicone or following a path you can always make a profile that you expect it will take shape of and use that. As for FEA have you looked at Solidworks Plastics as a FEA program to run an analysis? You might contact your VAR and see if they can perform an analysis on silicone. Though we are a Solidworks house that makes Plastic parts we use Mold flow, and MSC software for making our FEA's, but the SW plastics is a decent product that might help you.