• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Most hated phrases in the office.

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by GarethW, Oct 8, 2011.

1. kevin.koehler

kevin.koehler Member

Things being "on an edge." Other phrases that would be helpful to spice things up are "boundary, limit, threshold, extent of capability, point of failure, three potatoes away from total implosion" Makes me want to find the edge of something "granular" like some Utah sandstone and jump off it! lol Things being "locked down." (think establishing settings) However I picture malnourished individuals wasting away in a dingy wet cave because they have been "locked down." Maybe I just need to adjust my mental image and then lock it down. Any happy images for being locked down?

3. Archimedes

Archimedes Active Member

‘It’s the elephant in the room’

This phrase is used to describe a time when there is an issue that everybody knows about but nobody is talking or doing anything about, so is working around it.

But this makes no sense at all as I am 100% sure if there was an elephant in my office one day, that’s all anybody would be talking about that day, and the day after and the day after ………………

Somebody used this phrase a couple of weeks ago. Now there is talk of elephants every day!