• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Need design idea for a plastic body dispenser

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by rbhagat, Feb 17, 2016.

1. rbhagat

rbhagat New Member

Hi,
      I am working on a design project, where I have to improve the current station design. The station holds plastic bodies in a C-channel, where tapping is performed on these plastic parts and spit out with the help of pneumatic sensor.
      Now, I want to improve the C-channel holding capacity for the plastic parts, but If I take a longer c-channel, it puts load on the structure and tends to bend. I am not sure if I can use a vibratory chute for this as orientation of the part is of importance. Currently these plastic parts are loaded manually.

Need some suggestions on how to improve the capacity of the C-channel to carry more parts.

Thanks

3. ankurbanthia

ankurbanthia Member

As you have not provided us with any sketch, 3 solutions are what I can think about -
      1. Change the material of plastic, there are plastics available in the market with better properties. If you can arrange a catalogue from Roechling, they have aound 1500+ type of plastics having various properties
      2. Change the form of the C-channel, i.e. see if you can use a plastic square pipe or I-channel of plastic.
      3. Prepare a load diagram of the channel and see where the maximum load is coming. You can give supports only on those points.
      I hope I am clear with my replies.
      Do let me know if you have any queries.
      Regards,

Ankur Banthia