• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Need help on Mechanical Designs of Robotic Arm

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by basi42002, Feb 9, 2010.

1. basi42002

basi42002 New Member

Need help on Mechanical Designs of Robotic Arm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to make a research on Robotics and I’ve been lurking around reading up on Robotics.I have been out of my wits trying to get some help on this. Locally, it’s been hard for me to get some help and somehow, I thought I would check out if there were any websites/forums that might be able to help me out so here I am wondering if anyone of you would be kind enough to provide with me some designs in terms of mechanical components?

The motion i want to use is almost the same as a human arm and can hold up 3 kg of things. I want to use electrical actuators and gears, preferably at a low cost and light weight.

As I stated above, I need help on the mechanical design (mechanism) movement of the arm. I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me on this. I seriously have tried getting help elsewhere and Robotics isn’t something that is big here – not yet, anyway! So here I am – trying on a forum!

Many thanks in advance!
      Bassey Etu

3. mvalenti

mvalenti Well-Known Member

When I make my robot arms, I use silver flexible duct, and an old pair of pliers for a menacing pincher claw.... :D

4. DesignFeats

DesignFeats New Member

check out

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2016