• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Needle Grinding

Discussion in 'Industrial design' started by sha.vafaee, Jun 30, 2015.

1. sha.vafaee

sha.vafaee New Member

Hello.
      I Have a 0.45 mm diameter tube with a 0.25 mm hole inside. there is a 29 degree cut in top of my tube. This tube is manufactured separately and I have them already built.
      what I wanna to do is placing a wire inside the tube and cut it with tube angle. It is very ,very important that my tube tip don't be grinded at all. this is as in the picture bellow.
      You see ungrinded wire inside the tube.
      Any suggestion on How I can Cut or Grinding the wire without destruction on tube head...
      Pure Tube :
      [​IMG]

Tube with Wire :
      [​IMG]

3. CPPMable

CPPMable Well-Known Member

Hi Sha,

There are a few different methods this could be completed. What kind of tolerance/accuracy do you need? How many parts are going to be done? What kind of price range/part are you looking to be in? I have done some very tight toleranced work like this with EDM for nano fiber spinning.

There are many ways you could cut/grind it to get a fairly close angle. Obviously if you can not damage the needle in any way then it would have to be done outside or in a sacrificial needle.

4. tomatlots

tomatlots Member

You need a fixture. Take a scrap piece of stainless, maybe .25" thick and cut a 29 deg angled slot near an edge - like the male part of a dovetail joint. Use this face to drill a row of perpendicular holes slightly larger than the wire diameter. Then grind the edge down to expose the holes. Without moving the grinding fixture, insert wires in the holes and grind the face again. You will end up with 29 deg angle faces on the ends of the wires just like the needles.