• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • New PLC system

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by inamukak, Mar 28, 2014.

1. inamukak

inamukak Member

Hi everyone!

I'm working on putting up a new PLC system to replace the old one, a panasonic FP0 series which is no longer in production. I'm looking for new systems but am not sure on which one to choose. I heard Allen Bradley systems are pretty good but it's really difficult to find any info related to them. I was trying to compare the AB SLC 500 system with Panasonic FPX system but haven't been able to do much. I was hoping someone here could suggest some ideas as to which system would be good and where I'll be able to find some info on them.

Thanks in advance!

3. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with the Panasonic, but AB is top of the line, both in quality... and price; they're not cheap. Their SLC500 is very old, I didn't even think it's made any more; if it is it's more for legacy applications. Their ControlLogix and CompactLogix are the current ones.

If your budget allows, go with AB, if not, consider the Productivity series from Automation Direct. There are many others, though, and if you're familiar with the Panasonic you might want to find a similar offering to make it easier to adapt the code.

4. inamukak

inamukak Member

Hi Dana
      Thanks for the reply. We decided to go with the Control Logix series. The point that baffled us was that the AB is costing us the same as the outdated panasonic one we were using. We thought the price would be significantly higher. So pretty happy with the find.

Thanks again!