• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Pivot locking Assembly

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by nodaysoff, Feb 28, 2011.

1. nodaysoff

nodaysoff New Member

Hey wassup guys,

Would anyone know where i can find a pivot/locking assembly of this type but for a more general application? (pic below). Ive been searching all over for this and cant seem to find it anywhere, this specific one i came across @ a local homedepot (paint roller ext. rod pivot). The only other place Ive seen this arrangment was on belt/chain tensioners. If i were to get this assembly fabricated (same pivot section, different end) would it be cheaper to get it machined or molded thru injection)

Roller to ext. pole pivot assemply
      [​IMG]

thanks in advance for the help

3. AndrewNew

AndrewNew Well-Known Member

Hi

In my younger days I dabbled in a spot of fishing. You can get plastic/brass versions of these to allow you to position your bank sticks at the right angle. I'd suggest you pay a visit to your local tackle shop, they should be able to help you out. This is the kind of thing I mean http://www.hinders.co.uk/prod/3056/pres ... angle-lock.

Re machining/moulding, it depends on how many you want. Because of the initial expense of tooling for moulding, you will only start to see the price per unit for a moulded component come down below that of a machined component if you want to make of many hundreds or possibly thousands.

Bon chance!

Andrew