• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Plastic cap with free floating internal part.

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by Peterino, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Peterino

Peterino New Member

Not really sure the best way to describe this. The product is like a large drinking water bottle such as carried by people these days. Inside is a track that allows a plunger to move up and down and the plunger is attached to the bottom side of the cap. The plunger can be moved up and down in the container by holding the cap, and when finished, the cap is fastened down to the container. The plunger is in a track which means the cap needs to turn to close without the plunger turning. There is water in the container so a rubber seal is needed. At this point my thought is to hold the plunger to the cap by retaining clip to allow the cap to turn but not the plunger. Not sure where the item will be made but it would be better if I didn't need to include this extra assembly step. If there was a way for the end user to click the plunger into the cap it would be better. Just not sure if it will be as strong.
      I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks. Peter

3. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

If you can mold a small undercut in the cap, the plunger can be a loose snap fit into it.

4. Oilytrunk

Oilytrunk Well-Known Member

more details or any vid will help

5. j&s

j&s New Member

more info here for containers like this