• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Please help find solution; need your expertise!

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by 51kbos, Aug 18, 2012.

1. 51kbos

51kbos New Member

Hello...I am a hobbyist not a professional, but after an endless search for forums to seek advice from, I decided I might find the best here. My problem is this....I have drilled out and set a bearing into a US quarter. I need to attach fishing line to each side and almost flush with the quarter. The inside of the bearing is 1.4mm and a quarter is 1.75mm thick...any ideas of what I could use to go through the bearing that I would be able to secure the line to? I have been looking for the solution among bits and pieces from old computer junk mostly because that's where the bearing came from, but I'm stuck... I know a solution exsists, I just can't seem to think outside the box in order to see it. Hopefully some of you will share a bit of your wisdom and ingenuity to help me solve my dilemma.

Thank you so much for your time &
      I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Karri

3. Grant1001

Grant1001 New Member

I think it would help to show a photo.

What about Epoxy glue.

:)

4. bpmufx

bpmufx New Member

Look into hypodermic tubing. McMaster Carr sells it. Your problem will be matching the inside diameter of the tubing with the fishing
      line diameter. So I guess it's all dependent on what diameter you need for the line. BTW the Hypo tube will be stainless.
      Sounds interesting whatever it is.

5. Aviator

Aviator Member

6. kevin136

kevin136 Well-Known Member

Hi Karri, If you show us a illustration picture or photo,I think we could help you more.Currently,I don't know what exactly your requirement.