• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Pop and Say Hello

Discussion in 'Pop in and say hello!' started by rafaelherrera, Dec 27, 2018.

1. rafaelherrera

rafaelherrera Member EngineeringClicks Expert

Hello everyone, I am a Mechanical Engineer with experience in mechanical design and product design. I have also worked in the area of industrial production, specifically in the manufacture of tires. I am ready for any help you need.

Regards,

Rafael.

3. john12

john12 Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

Hi Rafael,

Welcome to the forum. Where are you based?
      There was a discussion about the design of tyres recently!

4. rafaelherrera

Hi I'm from venezuela.

Thanks for the Welcome and for the reference to the tire discussion, I'm going to look for it to see what I can contribute.

Thanks again

5. john12

No problem! Are you still in Venezuela? Do you do your work there? I've never visited there. I've heard a little on the news but it's hard to cut through what's accurate or not.

6. rafaelherrera

I am still in Venezuela despite the difficult situation we are living here. I work online (in the area of engineering and design) because, it is one of the few ways that allows an income that does not lose value in hours.

And I say hours because we live in an economic situation called HYPERINFLATION. Basically the price system is destroyed and prices increase almost by hours because, El Bolivar, which is our currency, is very devalued, for many reasons but in summary because the state is kidnapped by a government that only seeks to stay in power no matter the destruction that is causing.

And with regard to what is seen in the news, what is lived here is much worse than what is seen in the news. It is a country that has regressed in almost all aspects of a citizen's life. We returned to the health records of 1920, the government finished with all industrial production and that has generated a shortage of products. Almost everything that is consumed is imported, it is a country that became dependent on oil income and oil production decreased because the government destroyed the oil industry allowing the entry of incompetent but loyal to the government party.

The conversation about what happens in Venezuela is difficult and extensive. But thanks for asking, because I know that what is happening inside is not known exactly.

7. john12

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it all works out eventually. At least you've found a way to work, but I suppose if prices keep going up then it doesn't really help much even if you do earn in USD!

8. rafaelherrera

Exactly, you are absolutely right.

We are reaching a point where even having an income in dollars, living is quite expensive.

That is why we have become a problem for the whole continent because we have had to leave the country. Currently, the number of Venezuelans who have left the country is approximately 4 million. It is a very considerable migratory crisis. Around 5,000 people a day leave the country. Even walking the borders.

9. john12

Wow, so it's what - 10% of the population has left?

Are the neighbouring countries accepting the migrants or turning them away?

10. rafaelherrera

Exactly, just over 10% of the population has left and they will continue to leave.

Neighboring countries have been quite friendly and flexible accepting Venezuelan migrants. Colombia, Peru, Ecuador and Chile are the countries where most of the Venezuelans that have left in recent years are.

They have even accepted Venezuelans who have a passport expired. Because the retaliation government does not allow a new passport to be obtained for those who leave the country and for a corruption issue to obtain a new passport, officials of the institution responsible for granting the passport charge up to USD 5,000 to grant a passport. Almost like a mafia organization.

11. john12

$5000! Wow. Surely hardly anyone has that kind of money, especially if they have a big family.