• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Private message notification BUG - apologies

Discussion in 'Help, info & forum announcements' started by GarethW, Mar 22, 2010.

1. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

It seems all members are getting repeat email notifications on today's private message (newsletter),

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE REPEATED EMAIL IS BEING CAUSED A SOFTWARE BUG (I upgraded the forum software on the weekend).

I AM FRANTICALLY TRYING TO RESOLVE IT AS WE SPEAK!!!

Sorry about this - please bear with me as I try to resolve this.

Gareth

3. GarethW

Looks like I managed to resolve the problem. Phew! :shock: That was a really nasty little bug. Most bugs are pretty benign, but this was firmly in the "irritate the hell out of all your forum members for hours in an unrelenting manner" category.

Please let me know ASAP if you receive any more duplicate emails sent by the forum and I'll look into it.

4. GarethW

Still having problems with this - I must manually clear the forum's cache every time I PM everyone to prevent this from happening. If you get a repeat message (like with today's newsletter), it's because I forgot to do so :oops: Sorry about that!

Hopefully this bug will get sorted out once and for all in the next software update...

5. GarethW

I do apologise - it just happened again. Totally my fault as I forgot to manually clear the cache after sending a PM to everyone :oops: