• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Problem in drawing sketches on revolved feature

Discussion in 'SolidWorks' started by mohamed.elsabagh, Feb 22, 2012.

1. mohamed.elsabagh

mohamed.elsabagh Member

I created a handle using a revolved feature, now I need to draw a sketch on one face of this revolved feature but I can't figure how any help? I tried to use a projected sketch but after projecting my sketch on the required face I need to use the cut extrude feature but I don't know how!!

3. Murat Islam

Murat Islam Member

The chances are you can create another plane referenced to other planes and sketch on the new plane and then extrude(and merge) to the revolved feature (instead of starting from the revolved feature start from another plane).. I hope this helps..

4. mohamed.elsabagh

mohamed.elsabagh Member

yes I already did this but when I choose project curve, the sketch is already projected nice on the revolved feature, but how can i extrude the projected sketch???

5. mohamed.elsabagh

mohamed.elsabagh Member

I want to use cut extrude feature is that possible??

6. mohamed.elsabagh

mohamed.elsabagh Member

I figure out the solution thanks, just for the record I can use the sketch I drew on a parallel plane and use a cut extrude up to the body with offset which I desire.

7. sdod

sdod Member

Take a look at the Wrap feature as well. You can emboss, deboss and scribe. Scribe works perfect if you are just wanting to change the appearance (i.e. decal) of a surface area but do not need it raised or lowered. This makes your part less heavy (smaller, quicker rebuild).

8. Murat Islam

Murat Islam Member

That's good news Mohamed.
      Sdod is also right but be aware that SolidWorks does only allow you to wrap onto common geometrical shapes like cone or cylinder, and usually not on a loft face. I am not aware if they come up with a solution for it. Still you can create another valid surface to apply the feature onto a loft area and merge them.

9. Susan at Rentapen

Susan at Rentapen Member

Great conversation. I was going to suggest something, like extrude to surface offset, but it's already been suggested. Lots of brains here.

10. HaagEnterprisesLLC

HaagEnterprisesLLC New Member

What software are you using? I'm experienced in quite a few of them and should be able to help.