• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Product collection improvement

Discussion in 'Plastic moulding' started by janssenm4, Mar 3, 2016.

1. janssenm4

janssenm4 New Member

Hello,

I'm doing my internship at an injectionmolding company, and I’m new to injection molding. I wanted to introduce myself and reach out to you for ideas / advice / testimonials / etc. about an issue we have where I work.

First, my name is Martijn and I have been in injection molding for about a month now. I'm a intern and a project of mine is product collection improvement and is the motivation for my question.

We mold a lot of parts that are fairly small and we have a devil of a time getting the parts to drop into the funnel below our mold rather than scatter and end up all over the inside of our machines. We have some magnetic skirts that are sometimes used but they don't keep the parts from scattering above the bottom of the mold. Most of these molds make 10 or more parts per shot so the inside of the machine gets filled with scattered parts pretty quickly.

Have you faced similar situations, what sort of containment strategies or containment aids have you used? Any that you found worked particularly well? Any that were failures that I shouldn't even look at?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'll learn a lot.

Best regards,

Martijn Janssen